Popular Tags: [View All]
John Arnold
Canada
Halifax
NS
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Sentinels of the Multiverse since we (Handelabra Studio) were booth neighbours with Greater Than Games at PAX Prime 2011 (and again this year at PAX East 2012). I always found tracking hitpoints and stuff tedious, and I'm an app developer, so the solution was clear..

Sentinels Sidekick is a hitpoint tracking app for SotM that just came out on the App Store (finally). It's a Universal app for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.

You can check it out here:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/sentinels-sidekick-track-hitpoin...

I'd love to get some feedback from the regular gamers here, and we're happy to share some promo codes with the community! Just enter one of these into iTunes or the App Store on your device:

339WJJK7J7HL
4H93KENJT9YE
WMHNR6RR67R3
X49E6X7EN39A
P9X4LHEJKLM7
4HPWHE7YJXA6
HL3LAM9THNNM
R9XFL7F9ME3P
7PFKLWXFMX7W
AE3T34LA3YL7

Here's the app in action:

We hope to make a real electronic version of the game in the future, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me as very interested. I have two questions. First, are there any plans to get it onto Macbooks? Second, can you invert the text of the hero cards from what is shown in the picture? I ask because I see this as particularly useful for solo play managing four heroes, moreso than with multiple players actually.

Thanks much for your generosity!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Arnold
Canada
Halifax
NS
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:
Count me as very interested. I have two questions. First, are there any plans to get it onto Macbooks? Second, can you invert the text of the hero cards from what is shown in the picture? I ask because I see this as particularly useful for solo play managing four heroes, moreso than with multiple players actually.

Thanks much for your generosity!

Good idea! I think the next update will definitely have options for adjusting the rotation of hero cards on iPad. On iPhone, everything is portrait so that might be a good option for solo play right now.

No plans yet for Mac but that counts as a vote for it, it would be a natural fit. We haven't ventured onto the Mac App Store yet, might be a good first project!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Skedzielewski
United States
Augusta TWP
Michigan
flag msg tools
Who has two thumbs and likes Tacos....?
badge
...This Guy!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
One Word,

ANDROID!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Anthony
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow this is great, thank you.

I will try a game with it tonight and post feedback tomorrow. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketigid ketigid
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have an iOS device, so I can't evaluate. So, Android!

However, based on the image provided, I would say the app is useful but not enough. For instance, there is no good way to manage hordes of minions, i.e. Chairman, Voss. Second, there is no way to track environment targets' HP. Third, there's no way to track hero targets' HP, i.e. Projection Decoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Arnold
Canada
Halifax
NS
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You can see more screenshots on the link provided, but I'll cover your points:

1. The villain minion card area holds 4 cards across and as many rows as you want. It works pretty well.

2. Environment targets are kept on the left hand side, and have trackable HP like every other target. You can have any number of those, too.

3. If any heros are in play that have potential additional targets, you can add any number of those and track them. The Visionary is simply not in the game being played for that photo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Law
Denmark
Kolding
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the second code, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Granger
msg tools
Ah I missed out. Just a note to anyone else looking to try, all of the promo codes have been used up now.

saying that its only $0.99 or €0.79 and it looks like it will work wonders for tracking the game (only wish i had had it last night....)

Great work guys

P.S. if there would be a simple way to track increased damage it would be great as well however just getting rid of tracking HP makes me think it should be much easier to sort the rest of the game ourselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Arnold
Canada
Halifax
NS
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Damage effect tracking is coming, most likely in the first major update.

Glad you like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fristrom
United States
Watertown
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Just used the Sidekick on the iPad for a couple of games tonight, and it worked well. I did encounter two minor problems:

1. We were playing against Grand Warlord Voss, and the "Quark-Drive Translocator" card turned up. There is no option for the card in the Sidekick. There is a "Gene-bound Translocator", which I believe is an mistake since there is no such card, and it only has 3 hit points, instead of the 10 the real translocator should have.

2. I like to keep my villain cards arranged with the oldest on the left and the most recently played on the right, so when I am doing end of turn effects (which like everything happens in the order that cards were played), I can just read from left to right. However, the Sidekick puts newly added cards at the beginning of the row, on the left. It is possible to move them, but it would be great to have the option to have new cards appear at the end of the row, not the beginning, so they will be in the same order as the physical cards.

Thanks for the app, which is already good, and with a few minor tweaks (such as the ones already discussed) will be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Arnold
Canada
Halifax
NS
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dfristrom wrote:
Just used the Sidekick on the iPad for a couple of games tonight, and it worked well. I did encounter two minor problems:

1. We were playing against Grand Warlord Voss, and the "Quark-Drive Translocator" card turned up. There is no option for the card in the Sidekick. There is a "Gene-bound Translocator", which I believe is an mistake since there is no such card, and it only has 3 hit points, instead of the 10 the real translocator should have.

Good catch. My eyes must have glossed over after all the gene-bound whozits and whatchamacallits. That will be fixed in a quick 1.0.1 update that has a few other bugfixes too.

Quote:
2. I like to keep my villain cards arranged with the oldest on the left and the most recently played on the right, so when I am doing end of turn effects (which like everything happens in the order that cards were played), I can just read from left to right. However, the Sidekick puts newly added cards at the beginning of the row, on the left. It is possible to move them, but it would be great to have the option to have new cards appear at the end of the row, not the beginning, so they will be in the same order as the physical cards.

That actually came up while I was first building it, and it was tricky to handle properly, so I decided to just play the other way around =). However I realize it's better to support both ways, so that's on the list to be implemented.

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Arnold
Canada
Halifax
NS
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1.0.1 has been submitted, with the following fixes:

- New option for iPad: "Show all heroes in portrait mode"
- Omnitron and Chairman are never auto-removed
- Auto-remove works when HP are reduced to 0 as a result of Max HP change
- Fixed one of Voss' card names (the Translocator was "Gene-bound" instead of "Quark-Drive")

Judging from recently app store times it should be approved within a week.

Now I'm going on vacation, but I'll pop in here once in a while =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
kcskedz wrote:
One Word,

ANDROID!!!
Yes, please.I'm a little ways from being ready to tackle anything like this myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Arnold
Canada
Halifax
NS
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Version 1.0.1 is now available in the App Store as a free update.

We've discovered a bug that slipped through: on iPad, the "+" buttons on the side hero cards can be difficult to press. The workaround for now is to either press them very close to the center of the -/+ button, or to use the new "portrait side heroes" option.

A fix for this problem, as well as support for adding custom cards, will be in the next update we're going to submit very soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Migrant Programmer wrote:
Version 1.0.1 is now available in the App Store as a free update.

We've discovered a bug that slipped through: on iPad, the "+" buttons on the side hero cards can be difficult to press. The workaround for now is to either press them very close to the center of the -/+ button, or to use the new "portrait side heroes" option.

Thank you! I was just coming into the forum to see if the developer was here and not only are you here but you already fixed my problem!

App worked great over the weekend with the exceptions that I really had to pound on some of those plus button on our ipad before I figured out the magic area to press. I didn't think of switching the view at the time.

Excellent addition to an excellent game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Arnold
Canada
Halifax
NS
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! The 1.1 update has been submitted, including that fix and custom card support. It should be available in about a week I expect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome App - used it today!

Please add a note section in the middle of screen so you can add universal effects and maybe a check box if they are active or inactive.

Plan on using this everytime I play.

T-Mo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Arnold
Canada
Halifax
NS
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you like it! Effect tracking is something I've been working on and hope to get into an update soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Tan
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic app, it made me feel like playing this game so much more! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Wilde
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great app for a great game. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Arnold
Canada
Halifax
NS
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick note: Version 1.2 is now available with the following changes:

- Added cards from Infernal Relics and promos (Unity & Ambuscade).

- iPhone version can now quickly navigate between environment cards, villain cards, and hero target cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Stark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great app. I only really use it as a randomizer (though I hope a future expansion includes randomizer cards). Only thing I'd like to see added is an option for promo alternates. So that if I choose to allow them, if I ended up with, say, Wraith as one of my heroes, it would specify Wraith or Rook City Wraith. Fanatic or Redeemer Fanatic, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Fisk
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to control the cards that are available? Say if I don't have one of the promo cards, or one of the expansions how I can exclude them from the randomizer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't exclude individual cards, but you can exclude sets.

Click on the settings button (looks like a gear) and scroll down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.