Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The board tells me nothing of how the game plays yet it is one of the most intriguing I have seen in a long time.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ICONOCLAST

Galt's Gultch
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, but shouldn't a box of toothpicks be included in the components?devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chitu Romeo
Romania
flag msg tools
publisher
More are on the way. The production will be over in about one week and the release date will be ... well, June 2012. Rules (with more details and images) will be posted in a couple of days.

Toothpicks ? What for devil ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
RealWallachianGames wrote:
Toothpicks ? What for devil ?

Mini sized impalers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sorin C
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Presupun ca faceti si editie in romana, nu?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Octavian Harega
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
Real experience and good mechanics!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nash Mic
msg tools
I couldn't belive the low quality of the cards and cardboard...
The artwork is great but i am dissapointed of the materials used. At the hefty price tag you are asking for it. This is a joke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bogdan Alexandru Barbu
Romania
Bucuresti
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nashulmic wrote:
I couldn't belive the low quality of the cards and cardboard...
The artwork is great but i am dissapointed of the materials used. At the hefty price tag you are asking for it. This is a joke.

The art is exquisite, at least from the quick look over the rulebook.

Now if you have more information about the actual physical qualities of the components and the ganeplay itself, don't be shy and share your knowledge in a constructive and civilized manner here on this forum.

The hit and run tactics may have worked in the times of Vlad Dracul, but the BGG users have more mature standards and expectations regarding criticism of new games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catalin Mesaru
Romania
flag msg tools
The cards and cardboard are a bit iffy in terms of quality. When I played it at launch, in Bran, the board was already warped. The cards were fine - I assume they were used extensively before, so maybe there'll be no issues with them.

But yes, the board is prone to warping - even in new copies. That did not stop me from buying it though. It's still a fun game (although I'm not sure how fun it will be in less than 4 players).

The miniatures, however - those are excellent. They're not solid plastic, they have a rubbery feel to them which is just great to the touch

So probably he was referring to this but too lazy to write.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nash Mic
msg tools
First of all sorry that i didn't give more details about why i thought the components aren't that great. Like Catalin mentioned in his post i found the cards to be a bit more iffy, material wise, then i would care for. And also as Catalin mentioned the board is indeed prone to warping. My new copy of the game had the board already warped. I am just a bit dissapointed that a game with such good artwork and decent mechanics has such iffy materials, especially at it's price

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.