Subject: Passing / No Options rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deckard Cole
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb

I can't find this covered in the rules or forum. Excuse me if it's in either or both already.

If I roll a number and can't or do not wish to modify it with workers etc, I assume if the according space is empty and I have no other options to use the die it's just a wasted action. This seems obvious to me even though I don't see it stated in the rules. I may just not be seeing it.

Is it also true that I could willingly pass (waste my actions) and not use a die if the available building or option is just not desirable to me? (IE: I don't wish to sell goods even though I could or do not wish to discard a tile to make room for the new one.) This option seems less obvious to me for some reason but would lean towards you being able to willingly pass.

Thanks, Deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
You can always take workers, and as they are points, you certainly should.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Garber
Canada
Vauxhall
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always trade in a dice for two workers which is what you would do in both these examples
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deckard Cole
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm just going through my first solo run to get the game down. I forgot about that option, thanks for the reminder.
I thought you only received workers from building a Boarding House.

-Deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spazwaldo wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm just going through my first solo run to get the game down. I forgot about that option, thanks for the reminder.

-Deck

In the lower right corner of your player board you have the four available actions printed:

- take a tile from the main board
- place a tile in your player board
- sell goods
- take workers

Plus you have the option to buy a tile from the center of the main board for two silverlings once a turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Spazwaldo wrote:

-Deck

Well in my gaming group there is a joke about this. Anyone may pass and other players are greatly wishing it, instead of getting workers.
I mean why can't they? If they want to pass and waste their dice, why not? devil

But of course this never happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.