Small World Underground» Forums » Rules

Subject: Flame conquests rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Buzzin' Frog

Arizona
msg tools
Hi all,

My friends and I had a game the other night and in the manual, the nature of how Flames can deploy in a conquest phase was rather confusing. I had a volcano and chained six Flame tokens into three areas in a line form the volcano, then wished to deploy my last two into an area that was not adjacent to my other flames but adjacent to the volcano my first run had come from. I was told this was an illegal move and so played on from my previous chain of flames, but I would just like clarification on whether flames can deploy anywhere from a volcano in a single conquest?

Many thanks,
Shrimp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Salty Dog Shrimp wrote:
Hi all,

My friends and I had a game the other night and in the manual, the nature of how Flames can deploy in a conquest phase was rather confusing. I had a volcano and chained six Flame tokens into three areas in a line form the volcano, then wished to deploy my last two into an area that was not adjacent to my other flames but adjacent to the volcano my first run had come from. I was told this was an illegal move and so played on from my previous chain of flames, but I would just like clarification on whether flames can deploy anywhere from a volcano in a single conquest?

Many thanks,
Shrimp

Sorry shrimp but your friends were right about this one. Only the Flames first conquest can be any region adjacent to the volcano. All future conquest must be adjacent to your flames barring other special abilities (magic doormat ect).

If you abandon everything at the start of your turn you may then come in off the volcano because you may treat it as your first conquest again but in the situation you described you would not be able to conquer the region not adjacet to your flames.

Here is the official clarification
Quote:

Flames
Q. Do Flames start on a volcano?
A. They first place the volcano in one of the Abysmal Chasm regions with a volcano symbol. Then, they make their first conquest on any adjacent region.

Q. May Flames conquer a 1st region that is adjacent to the Volcano, then a second region adjacent to the Volcano but not adjacent to the first region they conquered?
A. No. The Volcano remain impassable.

Q. If Flames are wiped out of the board or decide to abandon all of their regions, may they restart from the Volcano?
A. Yes, as you have to follow the First Conquest rules: Flames' First Conquest must be adjacent to the Volcano.

Q. If Flames get disconnected from the Volcano but still have tokens on the board, may they restart from the Volcano?
A. No, except if they choose to abandon all of their regions. Otherwise their conquests are limited to the regions that are adjacent to those thet they occupy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tulio Leao
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a doubt about Flames conquests, does having a power that allows to conquer a space as if it was empty also means that the enemy loses none of his tokens? I mean if you're playing as Flames and conquer a region with 2 krakens, for instance, should the kraken player regain 2 tokens or 1 (as normally would happen)?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Tupaschoal wrote:
I have a doubt about Flames conquests, does having a power that allows to conquer a space as if it was empty also means that the enemy loses none of his tokens? I mean if you're playing as Flames and conquer a region with 2 krakens, for instance, should the kraken player regain 2 tokens or 1 (as normally would happen)?

Thank you

Whoa been a while since I posted here. Here is the English description of Flames from the rulebook.

Quote:
Flames
When you select this race, place the Volcano
on one of the Abysmal Chasm Regions
marked with a Volcano symbol.
Any region adjacent to
the Volcano, or continuously
linked to it via Regions occupied by your
Flames, is attacked at the same Flames token
cost as if the region was empty

So you see the Flame's power only affects the number of tokens the flames have to use and has no bearing on the number of tokens a player loses when attacked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tulio Leao
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the player attacked by the Flames would lose one of his tokens? Wow that's a game changer for me, thank you!

PS: Sorry for ressurrecting the topic but it was the one that best suited my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.