Subject: Is there a game like Ascension but more confrontational? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Levy
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Nightfall - it's also available on iOS. Actually, I just finished a game of it lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Millar
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nightfall is very confrontational. Each round the minions you have in front of you must attack other players and the winner is the player with least wounds at the end of the game. Plus I think the werewolves and vampires theme is pretty cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the rules for Rune Age. I believe you have the option to attack others in most of the scenarios. I've only played it a couple of times, but after I got hit hard by the event deck, another player attacked me and finished me off
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever you defeat a monster, fire a squirt gun (water pistol) at the player you're playing with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A.H. van de Laak
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rune Age
Arcana (?) Not really attacking the other player, but you are betting / bluffing to obtain the cards needed for your deck. So lots of interaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Where were you hiding when the storm broke?
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Rune Age, more so now that an expansion has been announced

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another good confrontational deck-builder is Puzzle Strike. They will soon be publishing a 3rd edition and stand-alone expansion. If you don't care about being "up-to-date", you can probably get the second edition cheap (like I did).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.