Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Markgraf
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
For the second year, we are hosting a mini-convention focussing on Air Combat, heavily biased to playing Birds of Prey: Air Combat in the Jet Age. Our intent is to run this as a school on close-in dogfighting, conceptually similar to Top Gun. The event is suited to all skill levels and will be a fantastic experience for the air-combat enthusiast!

The location is set in the Providence, Rhode Island area; our hope being that this will allow many people access, either through being well placed for Easterners and near a reasonable airport. The event is planned as four days (travel included), with events starting on the first afternoon/evening and closing out on the morning of the fourth day. Some folks are going to a local air museum one morning and hopefully there will be time to grab lunch before folks depart for home on the final day! The costs are intended to be shared and minimal. (We are not taking any profit on this event.)

The event runs from Thursday, September 20 through Sunday, September 23.

Convention site is: http://www.airbattle.com/Convention_2012
Informal Registration at: http://tinyurl.com/Red-PHAD-2012

Questions are welcome here, directly to me or at the groups.yahoo.com/group/airbattle

Hope to see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fall Jester
United States
flag msg tools
"Red PHAD" Ha, I see what you did there.
Im sad its all the way out there, i actually live in Colorado Springs, but got into the game AFTER BoPGun. Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Lund
Denmark
Århus
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes, Beware the Geek bringing gifts!
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be videos made of the seminars for us geo-spatially challenged?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Ellis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Of anything Tony provides, no. RL commitments interfere with such.

My overrun lecture for BoPGun 2011 which discusses visualizing the true fight, and the application of real world tactics on the PHAD, is apt to be recorded. In the least, the presentation materials and notes will be made available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.