Subject: 2013 Internet Twilight Struggle League Forming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Wigdor
United States
Lake Hiawatha
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Congratulations to Gabor Foldes, the 2012 Internet Twilight Struggle League champion!

I spoke more of last year's league in a previous thread, but now it is time to announce the start of the 2013 season! The action begins on June 4th, and players of all skill levels are invited to come compete!

The league features real-time play using the program available at Wargameroom.com. Games are timed to ensure that they take no longer than 2 hours (1 hour per person). Players are asked to stay on or ahead of a pace of 1 game every 2 weeks.

If this sounds like fun, either leave a note here, or send me an e-mail at brucewig@hotmail.com with your name and e-mail. Hope to see some of you in the league!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Juul Willemoes
Denmark
Copenhagen V
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would be interested, but please note that summer vacation could prevent games being played for most of July in my case.

1 hour per player sounds low, but ok.
I'd rate myself a beginner, if this has any importance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Riston
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested, and I'm a beginner. I'm generally available Thursday evenings (US EST), plus other random times throughout the week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested but also have scheduling issues - not sure that I'd be able to get in any games in August. Is it possible to work around this (play extra games in July and September?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm definitely interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
First Last
Canada
Rocky Mountain House
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd be interested in this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy scott
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Wigdor
United States
Lake Hiawatha
New Jersey
flag msg tools
A lot of interest, but I don't know if "I'd be interested" means "I'm in." Please let me know specifically if you'd like to be in. For those of you who haven't yet tried the program on Wargameroom.com, please check it out and make sure you can run it OK first.

The way the league works with respect to scheduling is that each player receives at the start of the season a 16 game schedule listing which players he has to play. You can play your schedule in any order you like. Usually people meet up in the Wargameroom chat room either by chance or previous scheduling.

The idea is that everyone stays on or ahead of a pace of 1 game every 2 weeks. However, I don't start to strictly enforce this until the 12th week of the season, when everyone is supposed to have 6 games played.

That means that if you have a vacation early in the season, you can still come back and catch up when you get back. And if you have one later, the idea is that you play enough games before you have to leave.

The league is international in nature, so there are a lot of time zones. If you are having trouble meeting up with your scheduled opponents, there is a league mechanic called a Deadline Event that is designed to help you. Basically, you commit 48 hours in advance to being on line at a certain time, and you can play someone else in the league not on your schedule, or if not that, be excused from a game.

That's the way it all works. Let me know if you're in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like it won't be a problem for me scheduling-wise, so I'm in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Wigdor
United States
Lake Hiawatha
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Quote:
Sounds like it won't be a problem for me scheduling-wise, so I'm in!

Great, Jeff--what's your e-mail? You can send it to me at brucewig@hotmail.com if you don't want to post it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Off topic, but hopefully someone here knows the answer: Is there also a Vassal league? The play-by-email/DropBox format works much better for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sachs
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Despite your hope, there is not even any inherent symbolism; gravity is simply a coincidence.
mbmbmbmbmb
snoozefest wrote:
Off topic, but hopefully someone here knows the answer: Is there also a Vassal league? The play-by-email/DropBox format works much better for me!

Not Vassal, but there's the ACTS ladder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ioan Mitiu
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found this thread just now ... if it's not too late I'm clearly in.

Best regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Yasutake
United States
Bridgeport
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
same here in if it isn't too late...
much too late! Much much too late!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.