Hide
3 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Variants

Subject: Leaders and corrections rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lucien Fritz
msg tools
Well,I played twice to the 1st edition with the storm of swords expansion including leaders before I bought the 2nd ed for myself. I was so disappointed to saw that I wouldn't be able to execute my partner's leaders or negotiate the freedom of one of mine.

I thought about it and I printed the 12 leaders from the storm of sword. I made up home rules to make them fit with the 2nd editions options.
-Since there are no more tactic cards to play, it seemed complicated to free hostages from any castle of anyone holding some of them just by winning the battle. We decided to try this : to free an hostage from an enemy, you have to take one of his castles or strongholds using a support (or a special support... not sure yet)which would not add its strength to combat strength. It should be decided when the march is initiated.
-To execute hostages you have to wait for :
-the feast for crows westeros card (which also prevent from using consolidation orders)
-the one which allows the owner of the valyrian blade to choose between 2 stuffs. It couls now add to the choices to allow the players to execute hostages (just like the feast for crows card).

Only one problem came up : the leaders token don't fit no more with the 2 more powerfull housecards of each houses.( Clegane instead of Jaime, Renly instead of Melisandre...) This issue is pretty problematic because a captive housecard Strength 1 is not as bad a captive housecard Strength 3.

I think someone should make new leaders token for almost each houses and why not, by the way,
Spoiler (click to reveal)
make something about Renly in house Baratheon by putting him in Tyrell's camp as Brienne and creating new baratheon house cards such as Devan Seaworth or Axell Florent

I've tried to fix some of these stuff but I'm not gifted enough.

It would be great to see these stuff in the files list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Hebner
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am uploading such a file, I am just waiting for the mod approval

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lucien Fritz
msg tools
So great ! Thank you man !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.