Subject: Does 1942 worth it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dimitris glistras
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
hi there

I already have the base game (2004 edition) and i am considering on buying the 1942 one. Is it worth it?
F.e. Ιn the base game the cards to mark IPC production etc are miserable. Do they get any better in the 1942 edition?

tnx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The current 1942 edition has a very small map with the production track printed on the bottom. No IPC currency is provided. At a price point of $30 it isn't a bad purchase, but you should know what you are going to get before hand. Also, the battle board is two strips of cardboard, not a full sized proper battle board. On the other hand, there are 370+ pieces.

You should know that this month, there is a new mini-1941 game coming out and next month, a new scaled up 1942 2nd edition coming out. You might want to wait until July to see what is what before making a purchase decision. Also, you should keep a sharp eye out at Toys R Us and other stores for the original A&A Spring 42 going on clearance to make room for the two new games. I went to Toys R Us yesterday, but so far the 1st edition A&A 42 is not on clearance yet. Time will tell.

Good luck and have fun.

Oh, if you are interested in customized pieces for not too much money, you should check out Historical Board Gaming.

www.historicalboardgaming.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dimitris glistras
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
thank you very much! You' ve been extremely helpfull!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Apart from the lack of paper money, there are a few other changes from Revised to 1942:

- Transports cannot be chosen as combat casualties
- Introduction of cruisers
- Weapons development has been dropped

At this point I would probably wait for the new edition of either 1942 or the brand new 1941 as was suggested above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.