Subject: How close are we to human cloning? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Could I get a clone of myself for this Friday? Because I've been invited to two parties on Friday. I'm committed to the one that my wife set up, with some of her friends from college, but I'd rather be at the other one, a BBQ with a bunch of guys that I knew from University. A clone is my only option.

It figures; on probably 50 other Fridays during the year, we've got nothing going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
It would be just as good, and far cheaper, to merely find someone who looks like you for your doppelgänger. Since they'd be growing up in a completely different environment, a clone would not even be as similar as an identical twin, and some pairs of identical twins look so different that they think they're fraternal twins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm; perhaps, but both sets of friends know me really well. So unless I can get a doppleganger to adopt my memories, mannerisms, and personality, my wife's friends will know that something's up.
I'm afraid it has to be an exact clone, or I'll offend people whom I don't want to offend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the real question is.. if your clone has "relations" with your wife is it cheating?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doug Kinney #4: [after having sex with Doug #1's wife] She touched my pepe, Steve!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117108/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
I think the real question is.. if your clone has "relations" with your wife is it cheating?

Ah, yes. That's the real question. shake

I would say that, as long as your wife doesn't realize that it is your clone she's sleeping with, it wouldn't be cheating.
If she knew that it was your clone, that would be a gray area, but still acceptable, if she really wants to go there, in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you not seen these University friends in a long time? I mean, if you both really want to catch up with friends, why not go to your own parties?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
We basically have the technology to clone humans now. Even if it were legal though, your clone would not be ready for about nine months and would end up crapping itself and crying at the party. Unless that's your normal M.O. it may be difficult to fool your wife's friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orph wrote:
Have you not seen these University friends in a long time? I mean, if you both really want to catch up with friends, why not go to your own parties?

I have seen my own friends, quite recently in fact. My wife's friends are the ones that I haven't seen in a while.
It would be rude to ditch them, but also a whole lot of driving, and gas, and time wasting to do both. They are both dinner parties, but the one with my friends is probably 45 minutes away, and we'd either need to to take two vehicles or I'd have to drop off the wife, go to my party, go back to pick up the wife...

No; I will be sacrificing the BBQ party.

Besides: The words to live by are "happy wife, happy life".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thermogimp wrote:
We basically have the technology to clone humans now. Even if it were legal though, your clone would not be ready for about nine months and would end up crapping itself and crying at the party. Unless that's your normal M.O. it may be difficult to fool your wife's friends.
I've been accused of being childish, at times. If I crap myself then they'd really believe that!
So then, we should have planned for this party 50 years and 9 months ago? And now I need a time machine? Sounds like I'm outta luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
Orph wrote:

I have seen my own friends, quite recently in fact. My wife's friends are the ones that I haven't seen in a while.
It would be rude to ditch them, but also a whole lot of driving, and gas, and time wasting to do both. They are both dinner parties, but the one with my friends is probably 45 minutes away, and we'd either need to to take two vehicles or I'd have to drop off the wife, go to my party, go back to pick up the wife...

No; I will be sacrificing the BBQ party.

Besides: The words to live by are "happy wife, happy life".

Oh, if you want to see your wife's friends also, then that makes more sense to me. I was looking at it more like you'd be tagging along.

As for the final comment, being single, I guess I haven't learned the "rules" yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.