Subject: Question regarding starting locations **3 Missiles Pack Spoilers** rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Isgrig

Little Rock
Arkansas
msg tools
mb
I understand that at the beginning of a game no one can start on a minor city or a marked territory unless it is a major city that they founded.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Does this apply to the mutants regarding the fallout territory?

Also, when a faction is wipped off the board, do the starting placement rules still work the same way when that faction is about to place their three troops? If there are open territories, but contain marks, is that faction eliminated? I think yes, but there was a disagreement during my groups last game regarding this issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Isgrig1982 wrote:
Also, when a faction is wipped off the board, do the starting placement rules still work the same way when that faction is about to place their three troops? If there are open territories, but contain marks, is that faction eliminated? I think yes, but there was a disagreement during my groups last game regarding this issue.

A knocked-out faction joining the war gets half its normal starting troops. Not (necessarily) three. By the rules as-the-game-ships, normal starting troops is 8, so a join-the-war force is 4.

If you join the war you don't recruit that turn.

You can join the war in any legal starting territory: unmarked and unoccupied territory. No cities, no scars, no troops, no HQ. The exception to the 'unmarked' rule is it being your own major city.

Since a rejoin doesn't involve an HQ placement you are allowed to rejoin adjacent to an existing HQ. You weren't allowed to start the game adjacent to an existing HQ because you can't place an HQ adjacent to another HQ, but a knocked out faction joining the war has no such concern.

If there is no legal territory in which you can join the war, you are eliminated. (you are also 'eliminated' if the game ends while you are knocked out, even if you could have joined the war on your next turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Isgrig

Little Rock
Arkansas
msg tools
mb
Thanks!
Anyone have answer to my other question involving the 3 Missle Pack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Punter
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isgrig1982 wrote:
Thanks!
Anyone have answer to my other question involving the 3 Missle Pack?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
From the designer here
Rob Daviau wrote:
Mutants ignore the effects of the fallout territory completely. However, they may not start there as it is marked. Boy, is it ever marked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Isgrig

Little Rock
Arkansas
msg tools
mb
Yei had just found that on another thread. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.