United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m considering trying a game where the players can construct an army out of available pieces. This would allow both suns and missives to be used. The current sets of markers come out to 450-500 point range. So I would suggest maybe 475? Players would need to have a minimum of 9 pieces so there will still be 1 unplaced. They could go over this but would have the thinning effect of an untuned deck if they want. No more than 1 of each number. You might want to construct pieces so you can use ones that are back to back on the counters.

Has anyone tried anything like this? If so how did it work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm sure it would work fine, and be very similar to some of the suggested variants in the rulebook.

So you know, "Choose 5 of your tokens to flip over to the 5 side" creates the same effect without the need for all that math.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Could be interesting, I haven't tried any variants of this sort yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
Luce wrote:
So you know, "Choose 5 of your tokens to flip over to the 5 side" creates the same effect without the need for all that math.

Must be the old miniatures gamer in me coming out. Besides this would allow you to play units that are on the flip sides of a piece for a little extra work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.