Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Dragon Valley» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 QQ - Squashed Rebellion and Combat Timing (enter, leaving or both?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Squashed Rebellion - What happens if you have this card in hand, but do not have a dungeon built? Are you forced to lose the point since you cannot place a cube, or can you just simply discard it as unused at the end of the turn?

I'm trying to wrap my head around combat timing - It seems sometimes combat occurs as opposing units enter the square. It also seem that at times combat occurs if a unit starts a turn in a square with an opposing unit. Are both true? Does a unit fight both when it enters AND when it leaves (or at least attempts to leave depending on survival)?

I understand that its player choice as to move one at a time vs. grouped, however, i cannot get a clear picture as to "when" combat occurs vs. doesn't with regards to timing. This is also a seperate question from "blocking". Blocking generally can only occur if more than one unit enters a square at time. But that could make a difference later depending on the answer to the timing question. Does that sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CW Karstens
United States
Nevada
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ath3ist wrote:
Squashed Rebellion - What happens if you have this card in hand, but do not have a dungeon built? Are you forced to lose the point since you cannot place a cube, or can you just simply discard it as unused at the end of the turn?

You are forced to lose the point.

ath3ist wrote:
I'm trying to wrap my head around combat timing - It seems sometimes combat occurs as opposing units enter the square. It also seem that at times combat occurs if a unit starts a turn in a square with an opposing unit. Are both true? Does a unit fight both when it enters AND when it leaves (or at least attempts to leave depending on survival)?

Whenever a player moves a Friendly Unit out of a space with an Enemy Unit, the player decides if a battle occurs or not.
Whenever a player moves a Friendly Unit into a space with an Enemy Unit, a battle must occur.
Whenever an Enemy Unit moves into a space with a Friendly Unit, a battle must occur.
Deciding if multiple units move at the same time or one at a time makes the difference of what survives and what doesn't.

ath3ist wrote:
I understand that its player choice as to move one at a time vs. grouped, however, i cannot get a clear picture as to "when" combat occurs vs. doesn't with regards to timing. This is also a seperate question from "blocking". Blocking generally can only occur if more than one unit enters a square at time. But that could make a difference later depending on the answer to the timing question. Does that sense?

Review the above questions and ask this one again with that information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thank you so much for clearing this up!! As it happens, this is how i ended up interpreting the rules, but having it confirmed helps a ton. Tried my first solo session last night and it was quite fun!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.