Finn Cairo
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mb
Trying to build up some geek gold and good vibes, so I thought I'd share a simple step by step for Angels 20. The bases for the game sure are swell with the altitude numbers built in and all, but readin' it from across the table can be a pain. To ease eye strain and halt repeated queries of "hey, is that B110 at altitude 1 yet?" I went and painted the numbers on the bases white - you can use the same process for whatever color tickles yer fancy however.

1. Grab some acrlyic paint, a pot of water, a brush and a paper towel.

2. Thin the paint about to about a 2:1 paint to water ratio.

3. Smear the paint into recessed number. No need for neatness here!

4. Gently wipe the paint away in a circular motion. It's more a buffing action than wiping.

5. Repeat once more and you're all set.

6. Repeat until you have a full set for gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So ... basically painting by numbers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Mate, great thread with easy and practical advice. Here's how my altitude markers look:

By painting them different colours it's even easy to differentiate which aircraft is which when using multiples of the same model:

Even if they're on different sides:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.