Brian Roddy
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to try to solve the Doors of Durin riddle, here's the letter spread of the card titles (English version).

43 cards in the encounter deck (after Doors and Watcher are removed)

B = 7
D = 3
G = 4
I = 1
K = 1
M = 5
P = 2
S = 8
T = 6
W = 6

The odds of pulling a particular letter will constantly shift as the deck thins. As long as you check the cards in play and the discard pile, you'll be able to figure out what's left.

Also note the Warg Lair can pull a Mountain Warg out of the deck or discard (assuming there are any in the discard), so you could choose to pull an M out of the deck or leave it M-heavy.

And of course, build your decks with plenty of B, M, S, T, and W... they compose 32 of the initial 43 cards (74.4%).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears B and S are the two highest letters so I'll be sure to include lots of BS in my deck. Lol, sorry couldn't help myself.

Seriously though, thanks for the cool breakdown. It's something I'll definitely keep in mind when playing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, certainly worth it, have done the same, plus the list of letters in my decks - even if you play with Henamarth, it is useful to know what cards to keep...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Note also that when you hit the second part of the quest you are asked to shuffle all Tentacle cards from the discard pile back into the deck. This provides a perfectly timed opportunity to look at the current distribution of cards in the deck.

Or if you're against doing that you can at least keep in mind that all Tentacle cards will be in the deck which means the following are always part of the distribution:

G = 4
S = 4
T = 4
W = 4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.