Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this system was not well received but this is a great deal none-the-less. The entire collection for $149.00. That's bricks of all three armies, Infantry and Cavalry packs and even the mail-in only dragons and Roman machines. A whole miniatures system (that has some merit) for a reasonable price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert D

Delaware
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Link:

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/wls-all.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
It is a nice deal for an officially out-of-print game, especially the bricks of pre-painted figs. I only wish they had discounted the pre-painted infantry boxes as much as the rest. Wells Expeditions sold them for $45 and MM only has them marked down to $40.

And if anyone is wondering about using these for other games, all of the figs have pegs on the bottom so they can be used with the square/rectangular bases, so you would have to hack those off & find individual bases if you want to use them elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the starter set hoping to pillage it for minis but their 25mm is really 20mm so they looked like shrimps compared to even my old Ral Parthas.

Still, for that price...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
manyslayer wrote:
I bought the starter set hoping to pillage it for minis but their 25mm is really 20mm so they looked like shrimps compared to even my old Ral Parthas.

Still, for that price...

They fit almost perfectly with 1/72 minis. I bought a bunch off ebay a while back to use with Song of Blades and Heroes and d&d. Do a need/want more...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
manyslayer wrote:

Still, for that price...

They fit almost perfectly with 1/72 minis. I bought a bunch off ebay a while back to use with Song of Blades and Heroes and d&d. Do a need/want more...?

Do these compare well with D&D minis? I do a lot of RPG stuff, this might not be a bad pickup...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
cormor321 wrote:
manyslayer wrote:

Still, for that price...

Do these compare well with D&D minis? I do a lot of RPG stuff, this might not be a bad pickup...

They are definitely smaller. A full size person is around the size of a small goblin/kobold in the D&D mini line. If you mix them when playing it's very noticeable but how much that matters depends on who you play with. The sculpts aren't bad but not amazing, same with the paint jobs on the pre-painted ones. If you don't already have a bunch of D&D minis you can get a ton of these cheap and just use them and I doubt anyone would complain about how they look. I've been modding some of the unpainted commons into orcs and cat-men with apoxie sculpt and super glue. I haven't done too many yet, but they've been well received.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
I took the plung, looks like a great deal. I do hope the league boosters are included in the complete offer. It doesn't say so in the text, but they seem to be in the picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
UndeadViking wrote:
Do these compare well with D&D minis?
AL minis are significantly smaller, and with harder plastic. They wouldn't mix well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
I should add that I use 3/4 inch bases for the normal size units. You could even go a bit smaller on most of them if you wanted to. I think 1/2 inch might even work, though it would be a bit too small on them for my tastes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
LooKs like miniature market has a bunch more in stock of the complete sets. Someone should post pics of their shipment when they get it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
League boosters not included. They changed the picture too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Warner
United States
Allison Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my complete set today and I'm pretty sure the League boosters were included. I'll double check in the morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miniature Market
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Miniature Market - Online Gaming Superstore - Miniaturemarket.com
badge
Miniature Market - Online Gaming Superstore - Miniaturemarket.com
mbmbmb
The first four or five sets that were purchased we included the league boosters. It turns out we didn't get that many so we had to take them out of the complete collection line item.

Wave 2 League Boosters are very very limited.

Steve @ Miniature Market
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed that the three missing league boosters are now up on the site as well. Jumped on the missing ones myself, and I am just a slight little bit annoyed because I now had to pay shipping, because my other order ($200 worth) is already shipped out. But at least I'll have it complete!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.