Virgin Queen» Forums » Rules

Subject: Diplomacy Reset in Winter Phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rich spilky
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Rule 20.9 States that during the winter phase: "All influence markers in a 'Resolved this turn' box on the Diplomatic Influence Table are reset to their default values. Default values are shown by the muted colored boxes that match the colors of each power’s control markers. If no colored box exists for a power, this power’s marker is placed in the '0' box."

My question is in regards to the influence markers that are not on the 'resolved this turn' box during the winter phase and are still in another numeric location in a given power column of the Diplomacy Influence Table because during the turn no event or action occurred which required that power's diplomatic status to be evaluated. In this case, do the diplomatic influence markers stay where they are?

For instance, if I'm Spain and I purchase a point or two of influence on Venice on a given turn; and nothing happens during this turn to cause Venice to take a diplomatic status check, can my influence points "carry-over" to the next turn or are they reset back to zero in this example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Delaric wrote:
I think they would carry over. It doesn't make sense that you would gain influence and then lose it all because you didn't get a chance to resolve it.

Edit: also the rules seem to indicate that only diplomatic situations that were resolved are reset, not to touch anything else

Nothing in the rules says to move influence markers NOT in the "resolved this turn" box - so they stay put.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A major keeps all of its influence on a minor until the minor is activated. This can even go over a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.