Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received the game today and was wondering, which of the official variants do most players use and why? Without reading the rules, the turn order and 2 player variant make sense for sure. What about the other 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I only use those two in all my games. But, if your first play will be a 4 players game, I may think in use the 'Take Barrels' variation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Set up with weather 0 and then change it after vineyards selected = this we do sometimes depending on how we feel or if there's a newbie playing

2. Take barrels back in maintenance phase = We always play with this

3. Player order based on vineyard taken = We always play with this

4. Money multiplier is limited to 12 points = We always play with this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
enzo622 wrote:
1. Set up with weather 0 and then change it after vineyards selected = this we do sometimes depending on how we feel or if there's a newbie playing

I love that.

enzo622 wrote:

2. Take barrels back in maintenance phase = We always play with this

Kurt, you are experienced players. You should play with the full market. The tension built in the game is much higher. I'm sure everyone can find solutions.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
'just provoking.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.