Popular Tags: [View All]
Conan McNamara
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Brunswick Junior High School (where I teach) is offering a four week summer program for students. The program will be focusing on board game mechanics and design. It runs for the last two weeks of July and the first two weeks of August.

I just got word from our principal that the program is open to any student entering 6th, 7th ,8th, or 9th grade; even if they're not Brunswick residents.

So if you have some young geeks at home (or know of others who do), and they're looking for something fun to do this summer, I think this will be great fun.

More details: It will be three days a week from 9am-12pm. Tuition is $200. Here is a link to my school's website:
http://www.brunswick.k12.me.us/bjh/summer-school/

Let me know if you have any questions/comments, or if you'd liek help with registration.

Thanks and happy gaming,
Conan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Leaman
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?
badge
Baah!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Conan, just came across this... Are you teaching the course?

You've got two board game designers right here in Brunswick, just a stone's throw away from BJHS.

Mark Leaman
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?
badge
Baah!
mbmbmbmbmb

Patrick Rael
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
badge
We see our role as essentially defensive in nature.
mbmbmbmbmb

I game with Patrick on a regular basis. I'm sure he'd be willing to talk with kids. We can chat about it at the meet-up if you like.

Cheers!

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan McNamara
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark,

I am teaching it, though I'm still waiting to see if enough students sign up in order for the course happen. Ten students need to apply, and I think we only have half of that so far.

If it does happen I'd love to take advantage of having you and Patrick nearby.

I'll let you know at the meetup whether the course reached critical mass.

Thanks,
Conan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.