United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was announced on FFG's site on Wednesday:

http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3307

I still haven't received a replacement card for Chaos in the Old World that I originally requested on March 8. While this new form on their site makes much more sense than sending them an email, I still wonder why it took them this long to implement something so simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure exactly how long she's been gone.

Apart from the Game of Thrones replacement board (which was mostly out of their control), this is the only FFG part I've had to have replaced in some time. Nevertheless, I'm approaching 3 months since I made the first request and have yet to have a replacement in hand.

When I emailed them a few weeks back, they said a replacement had been sent to me, which I never got. At the time, I asked for another one. That one has yet to arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Smolko
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I did one on their old form and redid it all in an automated email they sent me like a week or so ago. But haven't heard anything since, it was the first time I ever tried to get a replacement for a lost part and I must say the experience so far has been disappointing.

March 8th, that's crazy...are all board game companies that bad? Doesn't surprise me really, I kind of assumed since video game companies really don't care once they get their cash, I really didn't expect board game companies to be much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently requested parts via email, and although they are not as fast as they used to be (due to their own popularity), they still got it out within 3 weeks and they provided free parts that they didn't have too (my friend's corgi went to town on a couple of cards).

Their customer service is still very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Three weeks is considered good service? What is this the Philippines?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a copy of Doom that I got in their closeout sale for $10 several years ago, and finally got it out of the shrinkwrap last month.

One of the red trites was misformed so I emailed them and got a pretty quick response. It took about two weeks to arrive, which I think is pretty quick.

I was amazed that they were even able to supply parts for a now-becoming rare OOP game, and they spent 1/5 of my original purchase price ($2) on shipping.

And the replacement trite... amazing how well it was bubble packed and foam wrapped.

Thaadd was great, but I think FFG still has some great customer service people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan S.
Canada
Montréal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get most of my FFG parts replacements in around two weeks and I live in Canada so I am most happy with their service so far.

So yes three weeks is pretty good, more so when you consider that in most other industries the stated (and IME actual) delivery time for warranty/replacement products is 6 to 8 weeks.

And FFG parts replacement is even better when you consider that they do not strictly HAVE to replace a lot of those requested components because quite often the damage is done by the customer, as illustrated in quite a lot of "Thank you FFG" threads.

So I count myself lucky to be able to easily get replacements in case of missing/damaged components, or even get free parts in case of a screwup, in a quite reasonable amount of time.

I have, like most of BGG members, quite enough games to play in the meantime.

As for Thaadd, it is time people understand that answering a customer request on Christmas Day cannot be expected to be the industry standard

Personally, I don't care that I have to wait maybe one more week, the thing I miss the most is the nice handwritten note that came with every replacement by Thaadd.Always a nice touch

This new form is still a welcome tool that I hope will simplify the life of the employee facing the tides of our overdemanding requests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You must be getting pretty crappy service, because most of my replacement parts come within 5-7 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for pointing this out. It looks like a very useful service and much more efficient than email. I picked up a copy of StarCraft the Board Game over the weekend, and it was missing a guardian. I emailed FFG a few days ago, and wasn't expecting a response for a few weeks. When I saw this thread this morning, I re-submitted using the form, and also included a request for a damaged TI3 part. I just got notification of shipping for both parts, they should arrive within 1-3 days.

I have to say, I am very impressed. Hopefully, this means that this new system (and I assume it can be automated much more than email the way submissions are made) will make replacements much faster. If you're still waiting to hear from FFG on an emailed in issue, I would recommend re-submitting using this form. That is, if you haven't already heard back from FFG.

The only thing I have against this, is I haven't found out a way to find the form without going through the new article. I expect there's a way, I just haven't found it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Smolko
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know some folks have good experiences. I'll give them a couple more weeks before I fill out another form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaadd Powell
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I could figure out how to, I'd do handwritten notes in orders still...
(I'm a distribution sales rep now - I left in FFG for the land of Beer, Cheese and Honey in August).

I'm sure FFG will get the system worked out in time. There was coming a day where the simple bulk of sales couldn't match one human. So they either had to get more humans, or innovate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan S.
Canada
Montréal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolus wrote:
The only thing I have against this, is I haven't found out a way to find the form without going through the new article. I expect there's a way, I just haven't found it yet.

It is actually mentioned briefly right after the "make a request" link in the article. In the main webpage menu click "more" then "customer service" and finally "Damaged/Missing Components" but all it does is point you to a subdomain on the site :

http://parts.fantasyflightgames.com/

URL which I am sure quite a few people will be setting as a bookmark in their browsers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Smolko
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Heard back from them, guess there are no 'Gauntlets of Shadows' replacement cards anymore for Runebound. I B Screwed! =-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My (second) replacement card for Chaos in the Old World finally arrived on Saturday afternoon, May 26. The first replacement card never arrived. This entire process took 79 days from first emailing them for a replacement to finally getting it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been home yet, buy my replacement parts from filling out the form should be here any day, if not already here. After it shipped, I got an email to my initial email inquiry saying they were busy and were still trying to get back to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.