Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Calkins
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
On Monday July 30 I'll be running a Sekigahara tournament at WBC in Lancaster, PA. I'm posting this to encourage participation and also to see if anyone is willing to assist in running the tournament.

Another reason to play:

This letter opener will look good on your desk.

The champion will deserve this after besting all comers in a swiss-format tournament and the elimination rounds to follow. Other samurai-themed prizes will be presented to the runners-up.

The tournament will be on the first day of the convention, Monday. Demo begins at 9:00 and the first round at 10:00. We expect to have a champion by Monday evening.

If you know the game well and are willing to be an assistant GM, please let me know. Assistant GM’s will still be able to compete in the tournament, but may occasionally be asked a rules question during play.

Thanks for playing. I hope to see you this summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
looks amazing...what a great trophy!

I am not really competitive with my two plays under my belt, however, I cannot make the event regardless. It is great to see this get some tournament play. good luck to you, sir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Nordstrom
United States
Drums
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matt,

This looks really great...congrats on designing an innovative game and for also taking the time to promote and teach the game at the WBC. I'll try to make it to the event this summer.

I also wanted to repost Matt's description of the Sekigahara tournament at the WBC, which describes a bidding mechanism for choosing sides. I though this was pretty creative--so even if you're not going to be in Lancaster this summer you might want to check it out.

Here it is:

http://boardgamers.org/yearbkex/skgpge.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt -

I plan to arrive Sunday and Sekigahara is on my schedule.

I'll be glad to assist and/or help out anyway I can.

Is it time yet?!?

Greg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that 18xx is going to wrap up on Sunday, Sekigahara might not be a bad choice for Monday. I don't know how well I'll do, and its a great chance to play the game more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshuaaaaaa wrote:
I don't know how well I'll do

Oh, I know how well I'll do. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Storzillo
United States
Wayne
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more than a little disappointed that this tournament kicks off on Monday as I won't be arriving to the WBC until Tuesday.cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.