Subject: Baltic Gap II, June (Mistake Free) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Hojnacki
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So starting a second Baltic Gap game. People seem to really like these AARs.

BALTIC GAP GAME 2

Note: I’m using optional rule 21.9 Reactive Artillery
V# is “1”

July 26th

Russian Turn: V/S 8:10 (Variable/Supply Die Rolls)

About average first turn start. Fighter sweeps clear forward German fighters, but cost one Russian step. Built up two airbases in 2nd and 3rd Baltic Front areas, and transferred some fighters to on board air bases. Most of the German defenses around Polotsk are DGed. Russians killed two breakdown regiments in the hills east of Pushkinskiye Gory, slight hole in the line. 43rd Army rolls on as expected.

German Turn: V/S/ (H) 9/5 (2/2)

Wish I had gotten some hypotheticals but oh well. After my previous game I’ve decided to have 9th Corp run ASAP west heading towards Daugavpils. The Russians get so many troops south of the Dvina any attempt to stall will just end up crushed or surrounded. Launch a small counter-attack east of PushkinskiyeGory, and manage to kill two Soviets for one AG battalion, but didn’t roll high enough to press into the hills. (Reactive Artillery can be nasty, a expensive but effective Russian artillery DGed the infantry division I wanted to use in the attack)

End Turn PoP: Zero

July 29th Flight, Germans win Initiative, give it to the Russians.

Russian Turn: V/S: 2/9

Well I miss the red-hot die rolls I had early last game. Making some progress but nothing dramatic, and progress is coming at huge cost in SPs. Managed to kill the Fw-190 squadron, but German flak has caused two hits on my bombers. Have taken Polotsk but it trace supply around the area is getting dicey for the Germans, so odds are they will fall back to avoid losses to their divisions. Plus I’ve got 43rd Army HQ in position so next turn I could use their bridging ability to surround the city. Killed more Germans around Pushkinskiye Gory, not a great gap but the Germans should be out of attack-capable reserve units so might be able to hold this gap. Sadly my one attack east of Idritsa was thrown back; at least they cause a step loss.

German Turn: V/S 10/10 nice (H)/(1/2/3) Once again SS Police show up

Rebuilt some AG battalions they and SS Police rail to Drissa to support the defense west of Polotsk. My attack to plug that annoying gap at E3305 was once again broken up by Russian reactive artillery, managed to kill the 3-2-8 armor battalion at 1-1 odds but had to take retreat option. And I begin a slow fall back around the Polotsk area. 9th Corp continues its mad dash towards Daugavpils.

End Turn Pop: Zero

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.