Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jasn Painter
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
Hi guys,

My fiance and I have a drinking card game that's going live on kickstarter in a few weeks (finishing video editing!) But I wanted to give the boardgame geek community a quick sneak peak before I push it live...

So the game is fast paced like munchkin but centered around drinking to defeat monsters. When the game starts you pick a hero class and a realm card, they look like this.

Each class and realm offers unique bonuses for the players. The class cards center around letting you help yourself or harm other players and the realm cards grant rewards when you manage to drink a certain amount during a monster battle.

Once everyone has their character and realm each player is dealt 5 treasure cards, which look like this...

There are 4 different types of treasure cards, each type centers around a theme. Actions are cards you play on your own as well as other players monsters. They can do anything from increase the amount of drinks it takes to defeat a monster to add treasure to summon a second monster to join the fight. Instants are cards that can be played at any time. Most of the Instant cards center around making other players drink outside of combat. Permanents are gear for your hero and offer bonuses for the entire game. And the last type of cards are Interrupts, interrups stop actions, instants and permanents from working for a round.

So when a player begins their turn they draw a monster from the draw pile. Monster cards look like this...

The red number in the top left indicates how many drinks you must take to defeat the monster and the green number at the bottom right is its treasure value. That's how many treasures you will gain for defeating him.

To win the game a player must level to 6. You gain a level each time you defeat a monster. But the fun of the game circles around player interaction. stealing another players monster or adding drinks to it or making it worth no level or treasure or...well there are a lot of things you can do with treasure cards.

Anyway, I hope you guys like it. And if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a neat idea. And sadly doesn't look like the sort of drinking game that could be adapted to non-alcoholic drinks, since the difficulty of keeping your alcohol down appears to be a central mechanic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Make sure you have a third party edit your text. There's an It's/Its error on the Aftershok card and the Wizard +/- text is missing the apostrophes in "monster's" (or monsters').
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasn Painter
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Damian! We've had an editor go through all our cards and fix any spelling/grammar mistakes that slipped through our designer fingers. Good catch and sorry for the mistake!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.