Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the PBF forum we pass around a "token" a lot. Usually you quote the previous post, remove the outer quotes from the previous poster, and then submit. But sometimes folks forget to do so. That creates this weird image:

TDaver wrote:

[q="INTERRUPTS for Missing G4 Explosives - 7GP"]

Please Post or Geekmail COs for any of the following: Investigative Committee, Scientific Research, Guide Them To Their Destiny
One of the following: Jury Rigged, At Any Cost, Support the People, Guts and Initiative, Roll the Hard Six
Pass or TANK

Kelly (10)
Elosha (5)
Starbuck (5)
Gaeta (5)
Lampkin (5) Pass
Helo (4)
Ellen (9)

Consider CO's for the following: Worthy of Survival, Declare Emergency, Quorum Debate, Positive Spin

[/q]

There are two quote start tags, and two quote end tags, which SHOULD match up, but they don't. From what I see, all tags end appropriately, and in the reverse order of how they were opened. Any thoughts on whats wrong?

I can post links to a number of PBF postings where this has occurred.

Gerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a linkk to the original posting that "failed" :

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9236999#9236999

And another one here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9112907#9112907

Gerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Mohling
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GerryRailBaron wrote:
On the PBF forum we pass around a "token" a lot. Usually you quote the previous post, remove the outer quotes from the previous poster, and then submit. But sometimes folks forget to do so. That creates this weird image:

TDaver wrote:

INTERRUPTS for Missing G4 Explosives wrote:

Please Post or Geekmail COs for any of the following: Investigative Committee, Scientific Research, Guide Them To Their Destiny
One of the following: Jury Rigged, At Any Cost, Support the People, Guts and Initiative, Roll the Hard Six
Pass or TANK

Kelly (10)
Elosha (5)
Starbuck (5)
Gaeta (5)
Lampkin (5) Pass
Helo (4)
Ellen (9)

Consider CO's for the following: Worthy of Survival, Declare Emergency, Quorum Debate, Positive Spin

There are two quote start tags, and two quote end tags, which SHOULD match up, but they don't. From what I see, all tags end appropriately, and in the reverse order of how they were opened. Any thoughts on whats wrong?

Gerry

Maybe the issue is the tags inside the quote tags (In the [ q = X ] part)?

Edit: Yeah, I'm thinking it's just not able to parse the [ q="INTERRUPTS for Missing G4 Explosives - 7GP" ], where there's tags in other tags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
TDaver wrote:

TDaver wrote:
INTERRUPTS for Missing G4 Explosives - 7GP wrote:
TDaver wrote:

Pass or TANK

Kelly (10)
Elosha (5)
Starbuck (5)
Gaeta (5)
Lampkin (5) Pass
Helo (4)
Ellen (9)

Gerry
While I'm NO: "code monkey"; yet I noticed the Images had spacing between their ID-number, and SIZE-denotations, so I moved them to where that were abutting one another now. Quote this to see how it is set up on that, and it doesn't appear to work otherwise too, so follow THIS in the meantime to have it function appropriately about those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The players aren't going to re-edit a lot. SO I need a good start point. I take it you're suggesting:

INTERRUPTS for Missing G4 Explosives - 7GP wrote:
Quote:

Pass or TANK

Kelly (10)
Elosha (5)
Starbuck (5)
Gaeta (5)
Lampkin (5) Pass
Helo (4)
Ellen (9)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then when I quote the above , it should just work. As mentioned, the fact that they're NOT editting the quote is what's led us to here. How does the result look?

GerryRailBaron wrote:
The players aren't going to re-edit a lot. SO I need a good start point. I take it you're suggesting:

[q="INTERRUPTS for Missing G4 Explosives - 7GP"]
Quote:

Pass or TANK

Kelly (10)
Elosha (5)
Starbuck (5)
Gaeta (5)
Lampkin (5) Pass
Helo (4)
Ellen (9)

[/q]

Nope still a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play with grog's solution on a test forum. It looks like he had to add [q="previous poster" } tags, and no way is a responder/quoter going to take time to do so. What I need to know how to do is how to form the base token that can be quoted by someone in a hurry. Currently we use the quote tags to create the original box shape and all.

Thanks for your help so far.

Gerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I'm also having a message appear intermittently at the top of these which stated:"Some plugins used by this page are out of date"; to which I am supposed to "update" about them, and wouldn't that then be 'regressing' unto such, were 'moi' actually performing on doing just such?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GerryRailBaron wrote:

The quote tag is meant for usernames. You're putting text where it's not supposed to be, so it misformats.

As the famous doctor said, Don't Do That.

Put your text after the ] in the tags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.