Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this on Appshopper. Don't know much about it, but it seems to have some boardgame elements to it.

Normally 1.99, but now it's Free.

http://www.appshopper.com/games/new-world-colony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grady
United States
Oak Ridge
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just cause it's free doesn't mean it's any good

Thanks for the tip though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cgsaunde wrote:

But in this case, I will say it IS good. It's a solid game, especially for solitaire enjoyment.

Free is a great price for it - I got it for free a few months ago, and I'd gladly pay the $1.99 now for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lane
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know the price went back up. Last I heard, the developer decided he was going to just make it free and try to get by with the revenue from the IAP (map editor).

I guess that didn't work out so well... (or maybe he's trying it again. I dunno).

It is a good game though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bailey
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
... Rock 'em roll 'em all night long, I'm a ...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's free for "Because we may" www.becausewemay.com a big cross platform gaming sale for tons of developers and games. I wouldn't wait if you want it free, because it' ll probably go back to being paid when the sale is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cgsaunde wrote:

This is a very solid- boardgamey game. It is also very well supported and see's regular updates every couple of months. I bought it and don't regret it.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Asmussen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Developer here. Thanks for posting this! Yes, this is on sale as part of the 'Because We May' promotion and will go back up to $1.99 when the sale is over on June 1st.

The in-app purchase map editor wasn't meant to entirely replace the revenue from up-front purchases, was just a way to support further development of the game. I'll probably add another in-app purchase for some additional game modes, larger maps, and maybe some customizable flags for your bases in online multiplayer matches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a ton of fun playing this past weekend. Put in a 3-player game with 1 AI and 2 people (pass the iPad). I haven't figured out how to beat the medium mode AI yet; but I'm still learning the game too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.