Mice and Mystics» Forums » General

Subject: Lore rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bob atkins
United States
California
flag msg tools
After reading through the rulebook, I could only find one reference as to when you could use lore, and that is if you are a tinkerer and want to roll to perform a check on mousetraps.

It seems as if this stat stands out as much weaker than the others, having as far as i could tell, no other uses than being a requirement for using cards that we find. Unless i missed something big in the rulebook, then I don't see to much use for the stat really.

What are other peoples opinions on the stat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't spot anything, but I'm sure if it's on the card, it's important.
Plaid hat has a way of writing rule books in a teaser sort of format, note that the shots of the "Story book" happened to be the exact chapter with which it was released... they're crafty in keeping us all in suspense...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that there are a whole bunch of search cards we haven't yet seen. These are things like items, tricks, events, and who knows what. I'm guessing a number of them will involve the Lore attribute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lore is used quite a bit. It is a prerequisite for many scrolls and abilities, some weapons with ancient runes require high lore to use. Some events and story moments have lore qualifiers used in various ways. Some attacks have you rolling lore instead of defense. there are very few ways to increase lore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.