Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

DungeonQuest (third edition)» Forums » News

Subject: DungeonQuest 3e coming to Android rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This information comes from GMO and Arclight.

The Android app for DungeonQuest 3e is almost finished and will be released in Japan shortly. The English release is scheduled to September or October. It's developped by the software developper GMO.

The game plays with the graphics and rules of 3e, bar combat, that uses the simplified dice combat rules, but card combat is to be available as the game is further developped.

Game modes includes the original game (free) that can be played single, together with AIs, several players on the same Android or online, a "quest mode" which are further scripted mini-games in which you're supposed to reach certain tiles to find specific items, and a "dungeon mode" which essentially Diablo played with Dungeonquest rules - you delve deeper and deeper and must get out alive. The deeper you dig, the more dangerous the dungeon gets but the more treasure you can find.

In the Dungeon mode, you can equip the character with various equipment that will enhance your abilities to advance further.

I'll add more details as I know more.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gee that's awesome
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic InyokaMadoda
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great but it obviously begs the question of whether or not there will be an iPhone version...?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
InyokaMadoda wrote:
That's great but it obviously begs the question of whether or not there will be an iPhone version...?

While that's true, it's also true that if I were to ask for every iPhone app whether there's an Android app for it as well, I'd be busy all day doing nothing else than post about it
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic InyokaMadoda
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
InyokaMadoda wrote:
That's great but it obviously begs the question of whether or not there will be an iPhone version...?

While that's true, it's also true that if I were to ask for every iPhone app whether there's an Android app for it as well, I'd be busy all day doing nothing else than post about it


Oh, I know. And I'm glad for the original post as it shows that they're developing the game for mobile devices. I just want to be able to play it on my iPhone too!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Pirard
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
InyokaMadoda wrote:

Oh, I know. And I'm glad for the original post as it shows that they're developing the game for mobile devices. I just want to be able to play it on my iPhone too!


As I want to play some good games on my android, like ydrassil, ... which are not available (yet) for android
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Coleman
United Kingdom
Hampton
Middlesex
flag msg tools
OK I see the Japanese version is out and it looks pretty good. Is this properly licensed from FFG? If so why is an English version not out yet? Is there anyway of getting round the country protection and playing the Japanese version?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ggee.vivid...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
boxjuggler wrote:
OK I see the Japanese version is out and it looks pretty good. Is this properly licensed from FFG?

Yes it is.

boxjuggler wrote:
If so why is an English version not out yet? Is there anyway of getting round the country protection and playing the Japanese version?

It's coming out in English really soon, unless I'm misinformed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juhan Voolaid
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, is it out already?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's out and gone, I'm afraid.

The app competition is fierce.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.