Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert
United States
West Union
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so we gave this game a try at our cards meetup, and it went over quite well (five player game). We used the translated rules here, and there was one aspect of the rules I couldn't call. When you do the announcement of who will win a hand, what is the timing on announcements, and does it really mean "win" or does it just mean "go out of cards on the last trick".

We had two people go out at once, so "winning" is an odd thing to call it. I'd assume anyone that is out of cards at the end of the hand is a "winner".

The timing of announcements is especially vague, since it just says anyone may before the hand starts. When one person announces they will win, can people then pile on and make the same announcement, effectively banding together to support that person in hopes of getting a bigger bonus? Can people change their mind/bid once announced (before the lead, of course)? Can people argue and sway each other? Does anyone play the game with announcements?

The group think element of the bid/announcement is especially bizarre. We just had people bid for themselves, but since you CAN bid for other people to win, and you would be betting points on a completely blind guess to ever do that otherwise, I have to assume it is meant to let you join in someone else's bid. I'd like to have a better handle on the dynamics there for next time.

Anyone know for sure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Errr... Multiple winners seems obvious...
The rules are clear, just announce when you receive your cards. Cards are dealt one person at a time so on receiving the final card to make your hand you announce. So announcements happen one at a time.

Next time read the rules.....sheesh.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
West Union
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamecat_uk wrote:
The rules are clear, just announce when you receive your cards. Cards are dealt one person at a time so on receiving the final card to make your hand you announce. So announcements happen one at a time.

"Before the hand starts" is not at all the same as "after you receive your last card and before the next player has the opportunity to announce". There's no implied ordering in the translated rules, nor mention of possible pre-announcement discussion (although, given normal card game protocol, I would assume no discussion was allowed, and once an announcement was made it could not be changed or taken back).

As I said, I'd like to hear from someone that knows for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.