Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys.

I'm still a little fuzzy on this limit. In a 4 player game, is the rule that once 4 additional companies have been introduced, no more can be introduced ever?

I realize there is a limit of 2 per player at any given time (excluding if you happen to "inherit" a 3rd company), but does this mean that once we've performed phase 10 (Entrepreneurs)four times during the game, we cannot do that phase any longer, under any circumstances?

So even if 4 companies were liquidated, and we all have only 1 each, we can no longer bid on a new company?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler McLaughlin
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
Talk
badge
Words
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes108 wrote:
So even if 4 companies were liquidated, and we all have only 1 each, we can no longer bid on a new company?

Yes.

There can be twice as many companies in the game as there are players. That's it. If they liquidate after their inception that does not change the number of companies that were introduced into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, so basically the number of times you can do phase 10 is limited by the number of players, period. Harsh. Or at least it was harsh in our first game. Perhaps we allowed companies to liquidate too willy nilly.

Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd think that someone would be interested in continuing the company. The company must have been mildly successful for it to be worth a 20% payout, so I assume it will have some sort of useful assets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I'd think that someone would be interested in continuing the company. The company must have been mildly successful for it to be worth a 20% payout, so I assume it will have some sort of useful assets.

Yeah. I believe we ultimately got all of the rules right, but it was our first time, and it was a very chaotic game, particularly the first few rounds. I'm looking forward to trying it again now, with a better understanding of the flow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.