Hawaii» Forums » General

Subject: faster set up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
after a couple of games we stopped putting all the pieces out on the board except the gods and the scoring discs and instead put everything in the box lid - its made it heaps easier and has taken none of the joy out of the look of the game or enjoyment of play..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
jood wrote:
after a couple of games we stopped putting all the pieces out on the board except the gods and the scoring discs and instead put everything in the box lid - its made it heaps easier and has taken none of the joy out of the look of the game or enjoyment of play..

We usually only put out a few of each kind of tile. When any pile gets low, we add more. God tiles excluded of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
We just keep each island tile and associated chits in its own baggie. Makes setup so quick I don't understand why anyone would complain...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Just split the tokens between two player, have one start at the top and one at the bottom, and it's done lickety split
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storm TiTi
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do the same thing. (I think Brass & le havre for example are also complicated games for setup.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff S
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I decided to go with a couple of smaller Plano boxes with each compartment holding a different tile type (any extra tile types exceeding the 11 available compartments are in baggies). This way players can just grab what is purchased easily and no need to organize them on the board except god tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.