oren kostin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
hi,
What is the correct way to play this card?
If the players have crossed the anduin, does this location get +3 threat while it is in the staging area or as only when it is an active location? What happens if there are more than 1 card of this type in the staging area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
The threat of a active location is (generally) irrelevant, so the text is affecting the card in the staging area. If there are two copies there, each card gets +3 threat soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oren kostin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thx for the reply,
So, The text on most of the location cards refers to the staging area- right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Eagle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it doesn't state which, then the text of a card like Captured Watchtower and Emyn Arnen Overlook applies whenever the card is in play, whether in the staging area or the active location.

Compare the card Morgulduin which specifies that its effect applies only when it is the active location.

Of course, as noted, the threat increase to Captured Watchtower is only relevant to play when it is in the staging area, but technically speaking it still has the extra threat when active too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.