Popular Tags: [View All]
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a paralyzed unit is immediately removed from the game, what happens to the rest of the damage? 1. Does the damage continue to work to the hero, removing all cards, or 2. does the damage end with the loss of the unit?

I tend to think it's the Second result, but I've been playing it the first way making sure I block the attack, but this might be unnecessary if I don't mind losing a unit.

So, what happens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
It should work just the same as if the unit wasn't paralysed. So, yes the unit takes a wound and then the remaining attack goes over to the hero. The only additional thing that paralysis gives is the unit, once wounded, is then removed from the game. Does this help ? Rick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, why would I want to assign this damage to a unit? Seems better for the hero to just lose all cards in hand rather then lose a unit and all the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tracker1 wrote:
So, why would I want to assign this damage to a unit? Seems better for the hero to just lose all cards in hand rather then lose a unit and all the cards.

You might be able to damage several units and avoid being paralyzed that way. Or one unit might be able to sustain all the damage. Generally though, you're right. You want to avoid being hit at all by enemies that paralyze.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tracker1 wrote:

Huh? If you take 2 paralyzing damage, then you can assign the 2 damage to your Peasants who are destroyed, or you can assign the two damage to your hero who takes a wound and discards all cards. Usually the former is way better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Tracker1 wrote:

Huh? If you take 2 paralyzing damage, then you can assign the 2 damage to your Peasants who are destroyed, or you can assign the two damage to your hero who takes a wound and discards all cards. Usually the former is way better.

I guess I'm still not getting this. Are you taking the peseants armor into account?

I thought units take a wound first then their armor reduces damage. If a unit takes a wound from a paralyze attack, I assumed they are immeditly removed from the game, so their armor has no effect.

So, how do you assign two damage to the peseants?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Da rules say: "If a Unit is assigned damage by a Paralyzing enemy and would be given a Wound, it is immediately destroyed (remove it from the game".

Thus, the assignment has already happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So it works like this:

The paralysing enemy deals 2 damage to you peasants. They are dealt one wound and the damage is reduced by their armour (3) to 0.

Since the peasants have been dealt damage by a paralysing enemy they are immediately destroyed.

There is no further damage to be distributed so the enemy can wreak no further havoc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.