Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gamemaster J.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
It's the most politically incorrect game of the year... perhaps of all time!!!

You asked for it and... well... okay, so you didn't. However, we felt it was up to us to deliver the goods anyway with STD: The Game!

Never before has it been so funny to deliberately give your best friend herpes! Or treat your significant other to a heaping helping gonorrhea! And, yes, if you're wondering, the HIV virus lingers in this pool of dastardly diseases.

The object is very simple.... each STD has a point value. Infect the other players with as many STDs as you can before the draw deck is all played out. At the end of the game, add up all of your STD points and the lowest score wins. And watch out for that HIV card...whoever ends up with one doubles their points!

Beware of Skanky Carla, if she shows up, you could be in for more STDs than you bargained for. If you're lucky enough to play the Rubber Seal condom card, you can stop everyone from passing their STDs on to you!

Each card has a little factoid about its nasty little disease.

WARNING! This game may induce excessive showering and repeated examining of one's own body.

You can find it for sale online at https://www.thegamecrafter.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
So it's an educational game, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Nice post A-wad!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
I admit it, I killed her, I killed Yvette. I hated her so much
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
skanky carla doesn't sound witty enough to NOT be based on an ex-girlfriend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"STD: The Game" - the answer to a question no one was asking -

namely, "When will someone invent a game where the players attempt to infect one another with sexually transmitted diseases?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
"STD: The Game" - the answer to a question no one was asking -
namely, "When will someone invent a game where the players attempt to infect one another with sexually transmitted diseases?"

I thought the point of games was to provide a diversion from real life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
You know what? I think I prefer the theme of that hentai game from last week's kerfuffle... gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamemaster J.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
robigo wrote:

As a matter of fact, there is a teacher who gives classes about the dangers of STDs and uses the game to break the ice at the beginning of each class. And the rules include the contact info for the CDC. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamemaster J.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
GuidoVanHorn wrote:
skanky carla doesn't sound witty enough to NOT be based on an ex-girlfriend.
Not an ex, but someone I went to high school with. (couldn't care less about trying to sound witty)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
And here I thought there wasn't any game more offensive than Tentacle Bento. Boy, was I wrong. shake

I'm sure this would go great at our weekly couples game night. gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamemaster J.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Don't mind a few negative comments. These kinds of games aren't for everyone... and honestly we don't care if you don't like the theme because there are plenty of people who do. But we will delete and report any and all comments that include a personal attack such as "Nice post A-wad". You don't know any of us so keep the insults to yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can delete other people's posts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zcorpiosgamez wrote:

When you begin your thread like this, I believe that you are inviting some negative responses. And trying to com off now making it sound somewhat educational seems disingenuous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
willythesnitch wrote:
zcorpiosgamez wrote:

When you begin your thread like this, I believe that you are inviting some negative responses. And trying to com off now making it sound somewhat educational seems disingenuous.

I agree with Willy. You shouldn't be surprised when you get insulted after sending mixed messages like you have.

And getting so upset and threatening after a single incident of "being insulted" is plain childish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zcorpiosgamez wrote:
robigo wrote:

As a matter of fact, there is a teacher who gives classes about the dangers of STDs and uses the game to break the ice at the beginning of each class. And the rules include the contact info for the CDC. Thanks.

If my grandson's teacher was using this game as a "teaching aid", with cards like "Skanky Carla", I'd be looking into getting that teacher FIRED!

Educational game? Horsehocky!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm no champion of political correctness, infact, I bloody despise it. It's a small step from PC idiocy to the Thought Police.

However, marketing a game where the purpose is to give your partner AIDS? That's just wrong on a human level, political correctness has got nothing to do with it.

OP, I wonder if you have ever seen Bill Hicks' routine on marketing? If not, do yourself a favour, and check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait to see this one discussed in RSP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game in 1989 in the Philippines. While tense and somewhat strategic, it was really not that fun. Pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
zcorpiosgamez wrote:
Don't mind a few negative comments. These kinds of games aren't for everyone... and honestly we don't care if you don't like the theme because there are plenty of people who do. But we will delete and report any and all comments that include a personal attack such as "Nice post A-wad". You don't know any of us so keep the insults to yourself.

I will cry in my pillow for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh it already has 1 5-Star rating on thegamecrafter, I wonder who put that undoubtedly objective rating on there whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
zcorpiosgamez wrote:

May have been different if you would have positioned it as an educational game.

Not sure I'd want to know you after this post.

Way to go on promoting your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
And here I thought there wasn't any game more offensive than Tentacle Bento. Boy, was I wrong. shake

Yea... developers should stick to making non-offensive games like No Retreat, where you learn about the joy of killing millions of people. Or the village, where you sacrifice old family members to earn points. Or...

Morally, it seems a bit silly to criticize this game and not the plethora of zombie/infection games on the market. Plus, can more people talking about safe-sex and STDs be a bad thing? I know the USA ranks #1 among teen pregnancies and many STDs across western 1st world countries... but there are some things we shouldn't be #1 at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here in the US:

Violence is entertainment.

Tentacle rape and giving STDs is offensive. yuk

Deal with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamemaster J.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Wow... everyone thinks they have to carry a torch for the masses. It's a frigging game people, get over it.

Never said it was an educational game and never said the teacher who uses it was high school.

Violence is entertainment? If you believe that, go have a chat with someone who lost a family member or friend in a war, by way of gang violence or on September 11th and see how many people agree with you. Go talk to all those kids who have ever been bullied or were the victims of school violence because of a kid who had been bullied.

Get off the soap boxes people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you seriously getting upset by getting negative responses over a game that IS, as you yourself said it, "the most politically incorrect game of the year... perhaps of all time"?

zcorpiosgamez wrote:

Violence is entertainment? If you believe that, go have a chat with someone who lost a family member or friend in a war, by way of gang violence or on September 11th and see how many people agree with you.

Just like people with aids will find it very funny to infect each other with STDs in this game? I'm not sure what your point is

zcorpiosgamez wrote:

The funniest thing about the game is watching everyone around the table trying to secretly check themselves for symptoms while reading the little factoids on the cards... hoping that nobody is catching them doing it!

surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.