Subject: I am just not understanding pulse wave? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pulse wave says: Make a single ranged combat and compare defense to all characters in line of fire... each character hit is dealt damage. If only 1 target, it takes full damage...

Impervious or Invulnerability state- damage dealt to this character is reduced...

Why does Pulse wave ignore damage... it says deal damage... and the defense powers say damage dealt is reduced?

Also.. does pulse wave also ignor Impervious D6 roll?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Newman
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Question I don't know but I sure hope this gets answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it might be this bit in the middle of the PW's description (from PAC 2011):

"All game effects possessed or used by other characters with a line of fire drawn to them are ignored until the action is resolved."

FAQ:

"Pulse wave ignores all team abilities and powers, friendly or opposing, within range. Powers
ignored in this way are not considered countered." (p. 2)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha... needed the FAQs... not sure whey they just did not put that under the power description... thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, "game effect" is a shorter way to say what was said in the FAQ. And, effect is defined in the rule book.

EFFECT: A power, ability, or other rule than can affect a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenda Thorpe
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yep, pretty much the only thing that can have any effect on pulsewave is terrain. characters in hindering and LoF still get the bonus, blocking and elevated in the way protects a figure.

and remember it ignores ALL game effects within the range,

for instance, if a figure that's within the effect had previous used perplex to lower the pulsewaver's attack, it is ignored and they have their full attack. probability control couldn't be used by a character in the effect range etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.