Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played in a two player "tournament" tonight for first time. I enjoyed it so I thought I'd write about it. Since the living card game format makes it easy for players to have multiple decks, so Sean and I each chose 4 decks and pitted them against each other in a tournament.

Round 1

Game 1 was my Call of the Brayherd deck against a Sean's Dwarven Reclaim the Fallen. He was just one single turn behind the whole time and even though my Brayherd was running slow, it snuck out the win.

Game 2 was my Developing Orc deck against Sean's Fateweaver Chaos deck. He got the Sorcerer out early and all I could do was put developments down. I really slhould've played my support card to the Quest so I was able to draw more cards.

Game 3 was my own Reclaim the Fallen Deck, using the new Dwarf Quest that lets questing unit count its power in the Kingdom as well as in the Quest. I quickly got Grudgebearer on it first turn and then was able to defeat Sean's Empire deck featuring a bunch of warriors thanks to saved My Life for the Hold.

Game 4 featured my Beast of Rot deck against Sean's High Elf wound to boost power deck. He quickly got a High Elf out with 2 Elven steeds and beat down one of my zones. However, I got out the Beast of Rot as a 7 strength for free and then slowly took out his elves with diseases for the win.

Round 2
Game 5 Sean played with my Reclaim the Fallen deck while I played with the Beast of Rot deck. Even though he got the quest out early, I used diseases to get rid of the questing unit and eventually just stalled him where he could do nothing to move the Beast of Rot deck into the championship game.

Game 6 pitted my Brayherd deck versus Sean's Fateweaver deck. I tried to out guess him and played my Sorcerer, wounded it in order to be prepared to do two wounds to his next unit, but he played a Warhound which killed my Sorcerer and then proceeded to walk away with the game.

Championship Round
I was surprised to find my Beast of Rot deck facing off against Sean's Fateweaver deck. The game was long and really drawn out, with me doing barely any wounds and Sean getting only 1 or 2 per turn. Though I was able to stop him in getting a lot of developments out by using Desecrated Temple to it's fullest when my units were gone, but he eventually got me.

Usually we play "King of the Hill" when we play, but this was a nice change up. It was interesting that all 3 Chaos decks making it to the final 4 and the top two being Chaos decks. When we can't actually get enough players for a real tournament, I enjoy this format and would like to play it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.