Subject: I finally got my brother into gaming! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
justin cooper
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
So my brother and I are both Army, and we haven't seen each other in two years because he was going to Apache Flight school in Ft. Rucker. Since he left my wife and I got introduced to gaming and now love it. We have converted my other two siblings to gaming and its been a great way for us all to spend time together. SO we have a family reunion next week, and we are all excited to play games every night after the kids go to bed, but my brother who just got back has yet to play any board games.

So last night he came down to check into his new unit and slept at our place (he is in the Guard). We almost watched a movie but he happened to see our very proudly displayed book shelf with a lot of Euro's on it. He asked, "Ok, so what is up with you guys all wanting to play board games? What is the first game I need to play out of all these?". So naturally we played Settlers, which he loved and immediately wanted to play a second game. Then he asked me the most beautiful question after everything was put away, "So I liked this game, but I wanted something that had a little more strategy, what else do you have?". Next up is Stone Age and Puerto Rico and Dominion (with many of its expansions).

It is quite satisfying to get my siblings all into gaming. We are all excited to play some great games as they look to my wife and I to continue to introduce them to great games. So my most looked forward to event of the reunion? Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game. Nothing brings families together like tearing zombies apart. with some pandemic, Stone Age, 7 Wonders and Dominion it should be a great few days and nights!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Nothing brings families together like tearing zombies apart...

That would make an outstanding subtitle for a zombie game!

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Falconer
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captaininsano84 wrote:
So my brother and I are both Army

Have you heard of Wargames.ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
McDog
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First, I'd like to thank both of you guys for your service to the country....second, just say it sounds like you had a great time which is what games are all about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sant
United States
Easton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
easiest gamer conversion ever

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captaininsano84 wrote:
Since he left my wife

And here I was thinking family get togethers would be awkward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.