Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... I would buy it in a whim

But I hate "playing both sides" it seems like there is no "easy" way to play it purely as a solo game.

Too bad, 'cause having solo rules for playing both factions would be AWSOME!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say Claustrophobia the only game I've played where "playing both sides" as a solo activity is actually really fun. You might want to give it a try. And if you don't care for it solo, you'll still have an excellent 2-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael dorazio
United States
tyngsboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Claustro is fantastic as a solo game - there is only the smallest bit of hidden info, so it works for one. At least I do definitely have fun playing it solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko Zennaro
Italy
Spinea
Venice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice post. I have cluatrophobia, but i never think that i could play it in solo. May you explain better how it works?
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mizenn wrote:
I have cluatrophobia, but i never think that i could play it in solo. May you explain better how it works?

I wrote a review which basically is a solo play, written specifically to show how the game works:

The Dirty 1/4 Dozen

It's pretty long, but even if you skim it I think you'll see how easy it is to play solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mizenn wrote:
Nice post. I have cluatrophobia, but i never think that i could play it in solo. May you explain better how it works?
Thanks

I think as long as you are okay with making decisions as if you didn't know what cards are in the "other" player's hand, it shouldn't be a problem to play solo.

Edit: "shouldn't"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tssfulk wrote:
mizenn wrote:
Thanks

I think as long as you are okay with making decisions as if you didn't know what cards are in the "other" player's hand, it should be a problem to play solo.

That's exaclty what I'm doing to test some scenarios and it works well.
You have to make the best decisions for each side, ignoring hidden things but thinking about what the other player may have in his pocket to kick your ass !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just posted up my Solo Rules.

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Old Dwarf wrote:
I just posted up my Solo Rules.

OD

Where? in the file section? If so, we'll have to wait a little to see them appear.

Never mind: found them in the variants section

cheers and Kudos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.