Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Players: Rob(me), Dave, David, and Rob2.

Aside from David, none of us had played this game yet, and I was interested in giving it a go.

The game started well for me as I was able to pick up some artifacts early on fairly inexpensively. Since David had played before I made a mental note to do the most damage to him during the course of the game. Actually, it seemed as if everyone was bullying David, so I guess I wasn't the only one with this bright idea.

One play, imparticular was quite good. David played the spell that lets you remove someone's token, then you remove one of theirs. David took out a token that would have given me a artifact for 1 treasure, so I responded by removing his one token from the Djinn's Hut (play two artifact square). Apparently, David didn't consider this, so immediately played another spell to move a token into this space... so I countered it. Heh. Apparently that move blew apart his plans for the round. Good for me.

The play of the game came in the last round when I cast Spy at the beginning of the round (all opponents must play their tokens face-up) Everyone tried to get everyone else to counter it, but no one was willing to sacrifice their one artifact play to get rid of it, so it went through. This let me set up the final round for a decisive victory.

After spending most of the game quietly buying up artifacts, the scores were..

Me: 9, Everyone else: 6 and less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.