Subject: Stupid Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BSG [+] [View All]
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure titles are lost if holding player is brigged. True?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is true for the Admiral or the CAG (from Exodus), but not the President. The President title is retained if sent to the Brig.

The other caveat is if all human players are in the brig. Then the person to most recently have the Admiral title is the Admiral until someone is released. Whoever is released first gains the Admiral title. (The same is true for the CAG).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ripshawd wrote:
That is true for the Admiral or the CAG (from Exodus), but not the President. The President title is retained if sent to the Brig.

The other caveat is if all human players are in the brig. Then the person to most recently have the Admiral title is the Admiral until someone is released. Whoever is released first gains the Admiral title. (The same is true for the CAG).
Ohhh, conflict! IIRC, (the red passage) when all human players are in the Brig, the admiral then is the one highest in line of succession.

EDIT: ahh, there it was!

From the FAQ (OFAQ? or just FAQ?)

Quote:
Q: Who becomes Admiral if all human players are in the “Brig?”
A: The character in the “Brig” who is highest in the line of succession. If one player leaves the “Brig”, he immediately becomes Admiral.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for correcting me! I've never seen it happen, so I get this one confused!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ripshawd wrote:
Thank you for correcting me! I've never seen it happen, so I get this one confused!
You need to play more 3p games

But yeah, most of the time, the only time titles change is if the person who had one lost it. This caveat is the only 'lovely' exception to that rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Ripshawd wrote:
You need to play more 3p games

But yeah, most of the time, the only time titles change is if the person who had one lost it. This caveat is the only 'lovely' exception to that rule.

I kinda get what you mean, but that's an awkward way to say it - any time the title changes, the previous holder loses it...

The "first one out of the Brig gets to be Military Leader" is the only time a title moves without something explicitly talking about the title, or something happening to the title's current holder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. If you don't mind can you point me to where it says the above in the base game rulebook? I was raking myself trying to come up with those rules during our second game and just couldn't manage.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Base Game Rules, Page 28

Line of Succession
Should the President or Admiral be revealed as a Cylon, the
highest player in the line of succession for that title claims it.
In addition, if the Admiral (but not the President) is placed in
the “Brig,” then the highest player in line claims the Admiral
title. If an Admiral stripped of his title later moves out of the
“Brig,” he does not automatically reclaim the title.

Official FAQ, page 2
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Battlestar_Gal...
Q: Who becomes Admiral if all human players are in the “Brig?”
A: The character in the “Brig” who is highest in the line of succession. If one player leaves the “Brig”, he immediately becomes Admiral.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.