Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
An odd one.

I'm surprised that there arn't better sources of information. The comments after the article are interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Grey
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I spent the last 30 minutes looking through my favorite restaurants' "filtered reviews." Generally, favorable reviews tend to be filtered more than anything. However if my favorite restaurants are actually that good, then it would make sense that the filtered sample is proportionally similar to the un-filtered.

One thing I've noticed in common in about 99% of the filtered reviews is that they're from members without profile pictures (none of them had profile pictures), with fewer than 5 reviews (often 1), and fewer than 5 friends (often between 0 and 1).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard years ago about this - that Yelp will call businesses and offer to hide bad reviews if ads are bought. Then when they aren't, the opposite happens, and good reviews get buried.

I never use yelp. I don't know if these claims are accurate but I've heard them several times from different news sources, referring to different restaurants, so I see no point is looking at Yelp reviews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
ONCE 'moi' could EVEN "afford" to "go", "AND THEN!"... soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.