Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would you like steak with that?
badge
Have another Keith's
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

I picked up this game a few weeks ago and love it. The weak spot for me though is the minis. My demon general keeps falling over and the dragon doesn't stand very well.

I'd love to replace all of the generals. Does anyone have any pimping suggestions?

PS. Does anyone know how to get Sapphire to stick to the base? I've tried Testor's cement for plastic models - it stuck to the base but not to the figure. Since Sapphire is poorly balanced on only her two feet, it keeps falling over. What has anyone else used to glue her to her base?

Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I got the game I got the pre-painted minis (I am not a mini-painter) so I can't speak to that, but I did glue Onyx to her base and I used some little disposable super glue tube (sorry I don't remember the exact type) I had laying around. This was more than a year ago and she is still on the base.

Good luck with your project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We use a combo of Warhammer Fantasy Battle figurines, Rol Partha figures, and painted minis we found on eBay. For the demons we use Chaos Dwarves. Orcs, Lizardmen, and Hobgoblins fill out the other armies. There isn't a single hero figure (including all 4 expansions) that any of us like! Fortunately, there are many options available from other designers. Also, we already had all of these figures after 17 years and 3 sons...

Oh, and Squighoppers sometimes for the demons. They look GREAT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dip the figures into hot water and they'll become easy enough to bend. Then run them under cold water to "lock" them into place. You should be able to get them bent into correct position so they don't fall down as easily, and straighten some of the figures that may be bent incorrectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Lebowski
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The Dude abides!
badge
yeah? well… y’know, that’s just like, uh… your opinion, man…
mbmbmbmbmb
I used reaper minis:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would you like steak with that?
badge
Have another Keith's
mbmbmbmbmb
woodoo03 wrote:
I used reaper minis:

Those look friggin awesome! And you've included the model numbers too!

How did you paint them? For the characters it looks like a white (or silver wash with some ink. Elegant and simple. Do you remember the exact colours you used for the generals? I can likely just go by my own eye but its fun to see what others have done.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a bunch of D&D minis that fit pretty well. You can find them cheap at most online stores that sell singles. I was upset with the demon mini, it didn't look evil enough to me. devilThen I ended up replacing all minis for D&D ones,even the heroes. It looks much better now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
I gotta admit, I really do love this game a ton, but Balzaarg is certainly not nearly demonic enough for my tastes.

The Sapphire looks good, Varcolak is ok, Gorgutt could look a LOT more Orcish.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.