Hide
14 Posts

Leviathans» Forums » News

Subject: Limited availability at Origins rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bottulf Theodore III Jr
msg tools
The first copies of Leviathans will be available at Origins, they will have a couple dozen advanced copies of the Leviathans Core Boxed Set available for sale.

http://monstersinthesky.com/2012/05/28/core-box-set-availabl...
http://www.catalystgamelabs.com/2012/05/28/all-the-catalyst-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deano Ware
United States
Farmington Hills
Mi
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well its being MSRP for $100!!

I've waited almost a year I can wait a little longer. Especially if it has a street retail of $79.99 as stated on the website then I can probably get it at an online discount for about $65.00 which is a much more comfortable price point for me.

For $100 its not my genre or compatible with anything that is in my genre and I don't have anyone to play it with immediatley. So no its not on my Origins list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
99.99 is the new MSRP. 79.99 is the old price set two years ago. It no longer applies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conrad Brunner

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There were 40 copies available Friday but they were gone in an hour. My buddy and I have wanted this game since first seeing it at Gencon in 2010. He read on the site it would at Origins so on a whim we hopped in the car and drove over from Indy. Turns out, they had hit the floor just minutes before we walked in the door so we each grabbed a copy. Randall happily autographed then for us. For once we actually had luck on our side with a new game release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Downloading at 56 Kbps. Reading at 0.2 Kbps
badge
OGRE 6e at last!
mbmbmbmbmb
cbrunner wrote:
... on a whim we hopped in the car and drove over from Indy. Turns out, they had hit the floor just minutes before we walked in the door so we each grabbed a copy. Randall happily autographed then for us...
Jealous just simply doesn't have enough letters.

Please post pictures for the rest of us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conrad Brunner

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just uploaded a handful of photos. Hopefully they'll be posted soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phill Robbins
Australia
Coffs Harbour
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any chance of a review? Trying to decide whether to pre-order from my local store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dice Tower will have one at some point. I just got a copy, but Tom has one and I'll wait for his mastery. I bet it doesn't get thrown in the trash...that's all I'm sayin...oh and not off the roof...it could kill someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conrad Brunner

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've only played 2 sessions, both with the lieutenant's manual to get the basics. After our next couple of sessions with the commander's manual I will post a thorough review.

I can tell you after a couple of plays, it's a very intuitive system with a very clever combat mechanic and we're really looking forward to going at it again.

One early observation: French ships have huge speed advantage. Still trying to find the British advantage. They have marginally longer range but that is negated by France's speed.

More to come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The British advantage is their tougher armor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
armed-medic wrote:
The Dice Tower will have one at some point. I just got a copy, but Tom has one and I'll wait for his mastery. I bet it doesn't get thrown in the trash...that's all I'm sayin...oh and not off the roof...it could kill someone.
I was wrong it looks like Tom does not have a copy. Reading the rules now. I'll get a review out. There is a lot in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of couses you could always go on ebay and pick one up for $150.00 ...

Nice considering the seller brags about how only 50 copies were availabe at Origins and he snatched one up from someone who would have actually purchased the game for their enjoyment instead of trying to make $50.00 ... gotta love Capitalism!! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Leitges
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mb
Hi gents,
Anyone an idea when the game will be available in a sufficiently large quantity in europe?

Cheers,
Fasl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Haward
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll come down to how long it takes the American distributor to ship them to Europe. It's due to hit the US in August, and the pre-release dates for the US are August-September.

2012, I hasten to add - with this game, you just need to specify the year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.