Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I audited my 1995 Red Box version of Deluxe Alexander. Does anyone know if there are any differences between the two deluxe games? I referenced the scanned images off of BGG, which I think are from the newer version, and I have all of the troop/leader counters. Some of the information markers are slightly different and I have fewer of many of them than the scanned sheets. Is there a list anywhere or can someone help me out? I whould like to know for sure if I'm short counters or not. Examples include: 20 Missle Low markers (instead of 30), 4 fired no move (10), 8 abatis markers (12). A total of 14 different markers have a different count.

Thanks,
Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stadel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There were some errata counters released WAAAYY back (my game came with them taped to the box) so that might be the source of the discrepancy. About 20-30 counters from what I can remember (it was close to 10 years ago )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a start. Does anyone have an unpunched copy they could take a high res picture of? I need a pic of each of the three counter sheets to the red box (1995) edition.

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
i ve got a copy let me know if u still need this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
i ve got a copy let me know if u still need this.

I'm still looking for images of the counter sheets. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
ok they are in a 14mb pdf. Ping me with an email or PM etc and I will email to you or work out how to get it to you etc etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I want to thank hipshot for helping me with my question. After comparing my counters to the scanned unpunched counters, I was able to determine that I have a complete set (almost). What is interesting is that there IS a difference between the '95 and '06 editions of GBoA. The '95 edition has:

-5 3/4 cohesion markers
-16 1/2 cohesion markers
-10 Missle Low markers
-10 TQ=1
-4 Abatis
-6 Fired No Move
-1 Trumped No Momentum
-5 Screen Missle Low
-1 Elite Initiative Used
-7 Shock Must Check TQ
-2 Pre Arranged Withdrawl
-4 Impetuosity Must Attack
-1 Leader -2

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.