Recommend
58 
 Thumb up
 Hide
29 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Glory to Rome» Forums » General

Subject: Now I just feel bad. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Montgomery
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I received an unexpected package in the mail.



Included was the Blackbox, the BB promo cards and a letter from Ed.

The letter opens (Dated May 23rd):

Quote:
Dear Chris,

With so many apology letters I'm committed to writing, it's kind of fitting that I'm starting off the process with one that comes from a mistake that I only just made.

Put simply, while my plan always got the advanced shipments out before the regular ones, I just didn't consider the consequences of the new schedule until you brought it up —if we'd noticed even two days earlier I could have juggled stuff to make sure Jeremiah got his sets well before Origins, although adding a week into the main shipment but...


Ed, I am humbled by this apology. I sat there gobsmacked by your letter before I decided to make this post. I thank you, once again for stepping up to the plate.

I'm humbled to learn that you do care about getting this done, and back on track.

All I really have left to say is thank you.

P.S. Even with the white background the cards are nice. The colours aren't really eye-ball burning bright either. Now to sleeve!
62 
 Thumb up
1.04
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, a true kumbaya moment!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

You squeaky wheel, you!

8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you get your copy of Plato 3000, too? I was trying to read the letter but couldn't really make it out. That's a pretty nice gesture of him. Also, any chances of some more pics of Plato or the Black Box in action?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dawson_osu wrote:
Did you get your copy of Plato 3000, too? I was trying to read the letter but couldn't really make it out. That's a pretty nice gesture of him. Also, any chances of some more pics of Plato or the Black Box in action?


I'll take some shots this evening on my SLR. Plato 3k comes later with my Tshirt/other promos.

Edit 1 & 2: Made the first sentence make sense.
6 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My apartment's a mess due to some renovations, so unfortunately the photo below isn't the best. I'll try to get more tomorrow.



Edit: it's not approved yet, so check back and it'll show up once someone approves it.
9 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
Avatar
mb
Just hopped into geekmod to get a look. They do look nice.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Arcangeli
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you for the picture Dare I ask what the card stock is like?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcangeli wrote:

Thank you for the picture Dare I ask what the card stock is like?


Glossy linen finish. Reminds me of the Yomi cardstock.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Arcangeli
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Great, you used the L word! Thanks for the info.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Alex Good
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Lacota wrote:
...Now to sleeve!


What sleeves are you using? I don't know that I ever saw official word on the size of the new cards after they were done printing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
doogxela wrote:
Lacota wrote:
...Now to sleeve!


What sleeves are you using? I don't know that I ever saw official word on the size of the new cards after they were done printing.


I'm just using some regular sized Ultra Pro sleeves I had from MtG.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this.

You could actually hear some of the wind going out from the sails.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Speer
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Gravity Falls
badge
Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What are/were the consequences mentioned? I must have missed it in the other thread(s). Not trying to throw any more gas on the fire. I am as excited as the next guy to see an actual REAL copy of the game!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaworu17 wrote:
What are/were the consequences mentioned? I must have missed it in the other thread(s). Not trying to throw any more gas on the fire. I am as excited as the next guy to see an actual REAL copy of the game!


That people who paid a great deal extra to have early shipping get it at the same time as those who did not but attend Origins.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ug. Dreamcatcher?

gulp
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Wales
flag msg tools
Looks great! Can't wait for my copy.

(The blue is a bit too bright, though )
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnice wrote:
Kaworu17 wrote:
What are/were the consequences mentioned? I must have missed it in the other thread(s). Not trying to throw any more gas on the fire. I am as excited as the next guy to see an actual REAL copy of the game!


That people who paid a great deal extra to have early shipping get it at the same time as those who did not but attend Origins.


That is what I brought up yes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AlbionBT wrote:
Looks great! Can't wait for my copy.

(The blue is a bit too bright, though :p )


If you look back at the earlier proofs posted here on the geek, someone else brought that up.

B>
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hisala Mander
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More photos
Dont know why but DiceHateMe did a flattering unboxing on their website
Good set of photos


http://dicehateme.com/2012/06/rome-is-beautifu/
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
Avatar
mb
I think that's beautiful. The whiter field behind the art is breathtaking. And Plato 3000 looks great, too.

Can't wait for this to arrive now.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
I think that's beautiful. The whiter field behind the art is breathtaking. And Plato 3000 looks great, too.

Can't wait for this to arrive now.

My only small quibble is the shade of blue, but otherwise they look fantastic!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The white background on the cards looks amazing, it's too bad we get the dreary, ugly cream background on the player boards. I can see myself printing up some replacements there.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lacota wrote:
Today I received an unexpected package in the mail.



P.S. Even with the white background the cards are nice. The colours aren't really eye-ball burning bright either. Now to sleeve!



Is it just me? WHY does this new box cover remind me of NAZI Germany's Banner Tops of an entourage of Troops marching through the streets of Berlin on parade?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ASLChampion wrote:
Lacota wrote:
Today I received an unexpected package in the mail.



P.S. Even with the white background the cards are nice. The colours aren't really eye-ball burning bright either. Now to sleeve!



Is it just me? WHY does this new box cover remind me of NAZI Germany's Banner Tops of an entourage of Troops marching through the streets of Berlin on parade?


Because the Nazis borrowed a lot of Roman stuff. Hell, before it was co-opted, raising your hand palm facing down was called a "Roman Salute".
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ASLChampion wrote:
Is it just me? WHY does this new box cover remind me of NAZI Germany's Banner Tops of an entourage of Troops marching through the streets of Berlin on parade?


Is everyone as likely to see Nazi imagery as someone with ASL in his username? No, it's just you.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.