Jim Harmon
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will have a couple of copies of my game Pursue and Plunder at Origins and would like to know if anyone would be interested in play testing and giving me some feedback. The mechanics are mostly euro (set collecting, worker placement, action points) and the playing time is about 75 minutes. If it looks interesting to you and you want to give it a play just contact me. I also plan to leave a copy with at the CABS library in the board room if that is permitted.

Avast Ye' Matey! The song has been sung! The Pirate lord has called for a gathering at his stronghold to elect a successor. It could be you. All that is needed is for you to answer the calling and bring your ships and crew to the stronghold. But beware, there are pirates everywhere. And what pirate can resist an easy treasure, even if it is already on your ship? Be the most successful pirate at the end and you are unanimously elected the pirate king. That is the pirate rule, he who has the most gold makes the rules.

Objective:
To have the most prestige at the end of the game. Prestige is a combination of gold, treasure items, unused experience tokens, reward tokens and the number of ships brought to the stronghold.

Overview:
Pursue and Plunder is a strategy game for 3 to 5 players. Each player controls 4 pirate ships in an alcove of 9 islands which each hold various gold and treasure items. The players will plunder the islands and attack each other in order to gain the most gold, treasure items and experience tokens. The game is played in rounds and at the start of each round each player distributes 7 pirates (5 real and 2 bluffers) on their game mat secretly behind a player screen. Once all players are ready the screens are removed. Each player then takes 2 actions to move, attack opponents or plunder islands, the success of the actions depend on how the player distributed their crew for the round. Players may also train their crew to improve their ability to attack and defend. Treasure items and experience tokens provide additional flexibility to the actions being performed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't be around until the weekend, but if I have time and can work on a play time, I'd be willing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McKenzie
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there and would be happy to give i a play. I will send a geekmail wih contact info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.