The Devil's Cauldron: The Battles for Arnhem and Nijmegen» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question for the designer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rafaell Cobra
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi.

I love the game and the system as a whole.

To make a story short plz correct me if i am wrong:

There is no german independent formation chits in an advanced scenario IV "Saga of..."

Thank You.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chits? Not sure what you mean by chits. Independent Formation Activation chit? For which division? Or do you mean units?

If this helps, if there are independent units for a division in play, you can purchase the independent formation activation chit for that division.

If you mean something else, please ask again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
badge
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are talking about the Frundsberg Independent: see Exclusive Rules pg. 36 - you can activate those with the Frundsberg Division Activation Chit (pg. 6 of the GTS Rules).

(ok, I'm not the designer but I thought to chip in my 5 cent).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafaell Cobra
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Adam,

When can I purchase the independent formation activation chits for the first time?

IIRC they have no leaders so the overall rules do not cover these formations very well.

Thank You!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy them whenever you normally buy formation activation chits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafaell Cobra
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Adam,

I was on the run so my post may be a little confusing.

I will try to ask this question again:

Question is: When German's Independent formations' activation chits' counters are avaiable for purchase for the first time in a secenario of "Saga of..." ? When exactly do these counters enter game?

Formation activation chits' counters enter a game normaly the turn after a leader enters the game or via scenario rules. Independend formations does not have Leaders so I am not sure exactly when I am allowed to place them for a purchase.

I was unable to locate neither the specific rules nor entry point/time in a reinforcement schedule.

Thank You for Your patience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You keep not mentioning which division is involved so I can't be specific but if you have independent units of a division in play for that division, you can purchase the independent activation chit for that formation...it doesn't enter the game, it is just available for purchase.

Sometimes the sequence of play doesn't allow for purchase of any of these general type of chits - otherwise, you can purchase them whenever you would normally purchase an formation activation chit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafaell Cobra
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Adam,

So far so good. Now, just to be 100% sure

1) we are allowed to purchase formation activation chit counters the turn after appropriate formation's leader enters the game as a reinforcement. Right?

2) Most german independent formations do not have leaders. Can I purchase its formation activation chit the very turn they appear on the map?

3) There are 3 german's indep units south of rhine in the "Saga of ..." scenario (Frundsberg IIRC). When (IIRC parent division of these indeps) Frundsber Indep. Activ. chit is avaiable for a purchase for the first time during a game of this scenario?

Thank You very kind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - sure

2 - No independent formations have leaders but you have it right.

3 - you can buy it as soon as you can buy any other formation activation chit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafaell Cobra
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Adam,

Great series. Great game. Great product. Great support!

Thank You!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.