Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Serge Gagnon
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the reasons I absolutely am interested in this game (other than the fact that it's fairies and goblins and all sorts of trixie stuff) is the wonderful artwork that people are 'buzzing' about.

However, that also brings a bit of a concern. I love the artwork of 'Cringe and Cower' (kinda reminds me of Stitch getting caught doing something bad from Disney's 'Lilo and Stitch') but when watching the preview with Tom Vassel, it's different artwork (I believe its dusty dour artwork). Also in the video, Tom points out that the artwork matches the rhyming characters (to 'avoid arguments about rhyming').

Now I printed out the 'print and play' version to have a go at the game itself (and yes, the game is awesome/ intense and I will post a session review once a have a couple of more sessions with different crowds) and I know it mentions 'not final product' (or something to that effect) but it seems that the artwork does match rhyming cards.

All that to ask is the artwork going to be different for each goblin/ fairy or was Tom correct about the artwork. My assumption was that each goblin/ fairy was unique (making it 40 different artwork pieces, 20 each). It really makes a big difference if I'm only getting 8 different art pieces (5 rhyming groups, fairy/goblin) instead of 40.

Can anyone please clarify, it would be much appreciated...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Serge,
Each goblin and fairy WILL have its own unique art, for a total of 40 different illustrations. The artwork is in progress, and I actually just approved a new batch of great goblin and fairy images this weekend.

So the images in the print-and-play are just samples, the final game will have much more variety. Mr. Vasel was playing with an early prototype copy of the game that was made when we only had 10 images completed at that time. I think he misunderstood about the matching artwork, or maybe it wasn't communicated to him clearly when he got his copy. The "How To Play" video was also recorded with the incomplete version of the game.

As I said, the artwork is still in progress, and we will be revealing more fun characters soon. We are on track to have all the artwork finished by the end of June, shortly after the Kickstarter campaign ends (June 17th.) So in the final product, and the Art Book, you will be getting 40 unique art pieces (and sketches and more in the Art Book) to enjoy!

Thanks for helping us clarify this,

- Sanhueza

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question and great answer.

I'd much rather have amazing artwork for December than rushed artwork for late May

Serge did you play with children or adults? - I kinda assumed the game might require children in order to enjoy it fully but from what you and TomV have said all adult groups can really enjoy the game too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Gagnon
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
SWEEET! Got my $75 pledge (I really wanted the book for the artwork)... Is there a space for a RavenTroll Goblin somewhere ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Gagnon
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Monkeyhandz,

So far, some solitaire games and 1 game with 11-14 year olds (they were a bit biased because they were preparing for a Mtg tourney and it was a filler). I'm getting together soon with other adults to get their feedback... I'll keep you posted.

Have a great day!

Serge G (aka RavenTroll)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Serge - you can expect a Raveny, Trolly goblin nickname coming your way... Looking forward to hearing about more of your play sessions with GDFR!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Slideshow with all the art:
http://portal.sliderocket.com/BWCBV/Goblins-Drool-Fairies-Ru...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for posting the slideshow link, Original Dibbler! (so you are the original one...)

That is actually half of the art in the game. The other half is in progress, some of which we will be revealing soon on the Kickstarter page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks fantastic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.