Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Stone Age: The Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trade ratios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Sims
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Does a trade ratio of 2:1 also allow for example, 4 decorations to be traded for 2 resources?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SSims wrote:

Does a trade ratio of 2:1 also allow for example, 4 decorations to be traded for 2 resources?
No. Only 1 trade is allowed per turn and only in order to purchase a hut or a card (also, you can't keep any resource that you got with the trade and didn't use for the purchase).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
follow up -- if I do a 2-1 trade, do I need to use the same 2 resources?

I'm on the 3 spot. Can I trade 1 wood and 1 decoration for 1 stone?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sigtaulefty wrote:
follow up -- if I do a 2-1 trade, do I need to use the same 2 resources?

I'm on the 3 spot. Can I trade 1 wood and 1 decoration for 1 stone?

Bottom of page 5 of the Style is the Goal rule book wrote:

If the player’s marker is on spaces 1-3, then the player can trade 2 for 1. That means, he may trade 2 decorations, 2 resources, or 1 decoration and 1 resource for any 1 item which he needs for a purchase.

An item can be either resources or decorations . resources
are wood , brick , stone and gold .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Xanthos
Greece
TINOS
KYKLADES
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
anyway the symbol : on the board is a big mistake cause : means Ratio...
An arrow would be better . Or just a " - " ..........
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just making sure we played this right -- I buy the 1-7 hut. I'm on level 10 of the trade chart.

I have the following resources:

2 Gold
2 Stone
5 Brick
4 Wood

I traded 1 wood for 2 gold and built a hut of 4 gold, 2 stone and a brick for 38 points.

I know the rules state that in order to trade you need to "have to" use the resources on a hut or card. Since I had the resources to build the 1-7 hut without trading I was curious as to whether or not I was allowed to do what I did. I am pretty sure I am able to, but wanted some reassurance because trading 3 points for 12 is kind of a big deal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sigtaulefty wrote:
I'm just making sure we played this right -- I buy the 1-7 hut. I'm on level 10 of the trade chart.

I have the following resources:

2 Gold
2 Stone
5 Brick
4 Wood

I traded 1 wood for 2 gold and built a hut of 4 gold, 2 stone and a brick for 38 points.

I know the rules state that in order to trade you need to "have to" use the resources on a hut or card.

The rule is "Before the trade, did you already have what you used to buy the item?"

Did you already have 4 gold, 2 stone and a brick before you traded? No. So you're ok.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
sigtaulefty wrote:
I'm just making sure we played this right -- I buy the 1-7 hut. I'm on level 10 of the trade chart.

I have the following resources:

2 Gold
2 Stone
5 Brick
4 Wood

I traded 1 wood for 2 gold and built a hut of 4 gold, 2 stone and a brick for 38 points.

I know the rules state that in order to trade you need to "have to" use the resources on a hut or card.

The rule is "Before the trade, did you already have what you used to buy the item?"

Did you already have 4 gold, 2 stone and a brick before you traded? No. So you're ok.

I thought the rule was something like "Did I have what I needed to build the hut". That hut you really only "need" one piece of wood, so yes I did have what I needed to build it. That's where my confusion came in.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls