Jeff Overweg
United States
ZEELAND
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The second preview has been posted, which includes a preview of the new MOUNT card.
Racing Swiftly to Foundations of Stone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Asfolath seems ridiculously great (if you run an elf hero).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all, I finally registered after lurking the geek for a couple of years. I enjoy LotR: The Card Game as a challenging solitaire that can accommodate up to three friends, and I like the LCG format (living, but less financially demanding than a CCG).

Given the similarity between Asfaloth's "attach to Glorfindel" ability and Sword that was Broken's "attach to Aragorn" ability, it seems likely that this AP's hero will be Glorfindel, like Loragorn in TWitW. There was talk of either a spirit or tactics Glorfindel earlier, and since there are currently only 5 Spirit heroes (7 Tactics, 6 Leadership and Lore), we can expect Glorfindel to be Spirit.

Asfaloth is certainly powerful, though I'm a bit disappointed that "Mount" is not an ally that can become an attachment (or vice versa), after having "The Riddermark's Finest" as an ally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Eagle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, a Spirit Glorfindel looks likely now as the new hero - which would make Elrond's Counsel insanely strong...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beano
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! Finally a proper competitor to Northern Tracker! I would even prefer Asfaloth when paired with Glorfindel and possibly overall due to the price. Repeatable direct damage, even on locations, is gold. Even more so that this can be applied after staging but before resolution. This is probably the best reason to play Elves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Coon
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
Has anybody ever really used Stand and Fight on the Snowbourn Scout?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Eagle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, to clear the Brown Lands in emergency. This saves you 5 threat/gains you 5 questing for a cost of 1 card and 1 resource - a pretty good deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Gutowski
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmb
I even sneak attacked Scouts a few times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim D
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bullroarer Took wrote:

Yes, multiple times.

- It's not so bad to be able to put an extra counter on a location at action speed. It can take away a location right before you resolve your quest result. Or it can put an extra counter on the active location so you get to put one extra counter on the quest, which can mean the difference between finishing the current quest card or being one progress counter short.
- Snowbourn scout tends to die quickly, since his use is generally to put one progress token and block one attack. So that means he sometimes is the only dead ally you can choose.
- Snowbourn scout allows you to explore locations without traveling to them (and having their nasty travel effect). But you need enough of them for the location which require more tokens. So why not virtually run 6 scouts. If you think the scout is good enough to put in your deck, it is good enough to be targeted by stand and fight. If you don't think it is a good target, he shouldn't be in your deck in the first place.
- It's a cheap use of Stand and fight. If you're holding alot of expensive cards, you might not have the opportunity to save up 4, 5 or 6 resource tokens on your spirit hero(es)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bullroarer Took wrote:

Early against the Brown Lands I have. Running Eowyn, I kept Snowbourn Scout in hand, waiting for the Brown Lands, discarded it to boost questing and Stood and Fought them to get rid of the location.

I am still using Stand and Fight a lot for the Riddermark's Finest. Now Asfaloth though, is a much better deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Riehl
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I approve this horse.

The "first mount card" teaser last preview made me expect the Mount keyword to actually do something. Oh well. Still a great card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.