Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Fry
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, we weren't able to make it into the simulator or out of spacedock on Sunday due to technical difficulties and alignment issues. (technically it was difficult to align our schedules) however part of the crew was able to log time on Monday, and we gained a new crewmember.

Mr. & Mrs. T were "otherwise occupied", so Dr. Strangegame, the Giraffe, Cupcake and myself gathered to try it out.
Since Cupcake hadn't trained with us before, we ran through the Training Sessions to catch her up (Training Session 1 twice and then the 2nd Training Session twice (we blew up once) )
Cupcake is not really a gamer, and can get confuzzled when there are lots of rules or details to keep track of, so she was a real trooper!

After the Training Sessions, Cupcake was starting to get the hang of things, and we decided we were ready to try the simulator again.
The Giraffe took two boards (we still were not aware of the rules for 4 at this point), and the good Dr. was once again in the Captain's Chair. (They had traded off during the Training Sessions while I endeavoured to help Cupcake understand what was going on.)
We made a few mistakes but were able to survive with some damage to our Red Sector and only one soiled jumpsuit.
Feeling bold since we were able to (finally) survive a simulator mission, we decided to press forward in our training and had the simulator operator load in an advanced simulator mission.
This added in Internal Threats, Battlebots, Interceptors and of course the new position of "Chief of Security".

Dr. Strangegame decided he wanted to control two players again, so I was elected Captain (my first time! ).
Through organized efforts, we were able to quickly dispatch the internal threat (it was a malfunctioning shield) and then deal with the other 3 threats.
Of course, we barely survived, but a win is a win, no matter how close the score!

Time once again hampered us (we had to pick the Bear up and head into town for some supplies) but it was a great way to pass the afternoon.
We learned some new things, were able to come up with a few strategies and are looking forward to our first "real" mission.

The Giraffe told me that I "had" to mention to Mr. T that we made it through our two simulator missions successfully. This is less to rub in the fact that we made it while he wasn't there, and more to emphasize the fact that we failed the two he was with us. Is there a connection? (The Giraffe wants him to think so, anyway. Muwahahaha)

As we were putting the game away, I reminded Cupcake of her comment the other night about whether "all that noise" (the cd) was really necessary to play.
She admitted that it definitely was, and even though she later confessed that she never fully understood what was going on (she had us fooled! ) she is looking forward to trying it again.

Maybe next time we will actually get to leave spacedock!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Quirk
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for another great report. This brings back so many memories of my "rookie" years. I look forward to following your career, cadet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anak Bawang
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
immensely enjoying your writeups!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.